Director, Corporate Communications
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
The Director of Corporate Communications will be responsible for supporting and enhancing internal and external communications. To grow our brand visibility and voice, this role will focus on organizational messaging, media relations, content creation, and storytelling to support earned and owned media, executive visibility and communications. This position will report to the Vice President of Corporate Communications.
- Work closely with Vice President of Corporate Communications to define, develop and execute communications programs, including brand building initiatives, thought leadership programs, executive communications, and internal communications efforts.
- Create and drive compelling business and industry storylines that differentiate WW, leverage key media and industry trends, create news and communicate the WW narrative.
- Engage, cultivate, and manage strategic media relationships.
- Work with senior leaders to develop key narratives that elevate priorities and thought leadership.
- Create and keep a library of corporate communications assets including press releases, employee messaging, fact sheets, master talking points, Q&A’s and briefing documents.
- Work with conventions, forums, and industry events to feature WW work and executives on panels and discussions.
- Oversee creative content strategy for all global internal communications including Town Halls, employee engagement events, written announcements, etc.
- Oversee creative content strategy that brings brand and employer narrative to life across external corporate social media platforms including Linked In and Twitter.
- Consult WW executives on communications strategy internally and externally, including employee meetings, internal and external social media, and external speaking engagements.
- Lead employee ambassador program, leveraging the networks and passion of employees to expand the WW narrative.
- Serve as point of contact for internal communicators across WW and ensure alignment across the organization.
- Manage employee communication for large-scale change initiatives including but not limited to partnerships, programs, organizational announcements, etc.
- Partner with the WW People Team to deliver communications that amplify employee culture initiatives.
- Contribute to strategy for global communications and connections platforms including Workplace by Facebook and Slack.
- Identify creative solutions to connect employees with the WW brand.
- Manage Communications Associate.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Journalism, Business, Communications, and/or Marketing preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in communications
- Superior communication (oral and written, including editing) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ambassador of culture and innovative content and delivery generator
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Skilled at collaborating effectively across different levels of an organization
- Comfortable counseling executives
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well-being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus up to six Friends & Family memberships
- Free fruit, snacks, and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.