Senior Manager, Software Engineering
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com
- Lead an engineering crew responsible for tools for our clients and integrations with our partners.
- Lead 1-2 team leads who are running point for other crews.
- Recruit new members for the team while building a culture that engages and retains.
- Contribute to the technical strategy/roadmap.
- Coach and mentor software engineers.
- Drive technical work to build clean, robust, and performant web applications and modern services in the cloud.
- Improve processes and collaboration within the crew and across crews in other WW tech hubs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in Product, Design, Agile Project Management, Quality Engineering and UX in order to deliver against objectives.
- Lead technical work and in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Establish close relationships with business stakeholders.
- Provide management support for the crew through team meetings, one to ones, personal coaching and in other ways to enable professional development objectives
- Help set crew objectives and key results so we can measure the effectiveness of your work against business metrics.
- Instill a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Help identify dependencies and remove blockers as needed across engineering, product, design, and the business.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Work (hands on) collaboratively with the crew on user stories, POCs, pull requests, testing, deployments and other engineering activities.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 4+ years of leadership experience in with software engineering teams.
- Demonstrable experience in having deployed web applications and services into production.
- Experience building and deploying Node.js services in the cloud.
- You embrace working in an agile manner
- Experience delivering products collaborating with Design, UX, and Product Management.
- Ability to navigate competing product and technical priorities.
- Capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well-being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- An RRSP plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.