Platform Engineer (Site Reliability Engineer)
The position requires a strong working knowledge of both software design and resilient and scalable platform operations management skills, along with strong working knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery automation techniques.
The role will be focused on providing common conventions and tooling to enable simple and scalable deployment and post-deployment delivery services across the varied groups of WW engineering and development teams.
- 5+ years experience deploying and managing large-scale web services in high availability environments.
- 5+ years building and managing container-based application deployments in an orchestrated environment.
- Solid, real-world, understanding and experience implementing and supporting container-based orchestration via Kubernetes. CNI, RBAC, Telemetry, etc.
- Proficiency in operating multi-AZ and multi-region environments in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Solid understanding of Identity and Access Management technologies and implementations
- Advanced level knowledge of modern web transport protocols: REST, HTTP/2, gRPC.
- Advanced level knowledge of designing and implementing modern monitoring and observability solutions.
- Solid proficiency with scripted and programmatic automations (we work in Bash, Python, Go, Node).
- Experience with modern service mesh technologies (ie Envoy).
- Proficient with a configuration management tool (ansible, chef, etc).
- Proficient with an infrastructure provisioning language (terraform, cloudformation, ARM, etc)
- Well versed with and working knowledge of other associated software deployment tools (git, circle, travis, etc)
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well-being, including:
● Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
● A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
● Health care coverage starting on your first day
● Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
● Commuter benefits
● Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
● Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
● Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
● Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
● Robust employee referral bonuses
● Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.