Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer (Profile)
WW is a global wellness + technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Profile team. The Profile team's vision is to give members a snapshot of their journey on WW so that they can reflect on & celebrate their progress. In 2020, the team is focused on weight tracking experience – empowering members to build a positive mental model around weight tracking so that they can reach and maintain their weight loss goals.
For decades, weight tracking has been a core part of the WW experience. We are looking for a designer who can evolve weight tracking to meet where our members are today. You’ll work closely with our in-house behavior science team to understand the latest in behavior change principles, and apply them to create end-to-end solutions that meet our member’s needs.
- 5+ years interaction design experience
- Shipped multiple products
- A portfolio with case studies featuring best-in-class work
About the team
Our Product Design team is a close-knit group of 30+ practitioners, each focused on Product Design, Visual Design and Experience research. The team is distributed between our offices in New York City and San Francisco.
We’re user-focused, believe deeply in user-centered design, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and user research minded product managers.
Our team is remarkably talented and growing fast, so this is an exciting time to join WW. The Health & Wellness space is growing exponentially and as a designer here, your work will have an immediate meaningful impact on the lives of our members across the globe.
- You focus on UX, understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user and articulate a clear design direction
- You can prototype, make last-minute tweaks between user studies, know how to be polished as well as quick and dirty
- You are able to navigate between greenfield exploration and tactical, iterative designs
- You can analyze data, interviews, research and translate your insights into actionable layouts, prototypes, and final designs
- You understand analytics and can think and talk about the company’s bottom line
- You believe in craftsmanship and create elegant and compelling designs
- You develop strong relationships with product managers, developers, and other designers
- You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs
- You can share shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you’ve learned along the way
- You've shipped something across several platforms and you know what translates from desktop to mobile and what doesn't, or why you'd opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android
- You know what details matter at each stage of the product life cycle, and how to involve engineers at the right time to get the fit and finish right
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.