Senior Applied Behavioral Scientist
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
This is a very exciting opportunity to take on a role that infuses an overall science and behavior change perspective to every aspect of our members’ experience. As a Senior Applied Behavioral Scientist, you will play a key role as a subject matter expert on behavior change for weight management and wellness and will support the organization by liaising closely with organization-wide departments and cross-functional crews to provide insight and guidance on behavior change as it relates to product(s), content and collateral.
As we continue our journey to be a data driven business, you will also partner closely with our growing Data Science and Data Analytics teams to help us understand how to use these data to further improve the experience for over 4 million members around the world.
- Be an internal subject matter expert on all things science/behavior related in the weight management and well-being space. This could include: providing practical insights/guidance on bringing scientific research findings and behavioral strategies to life in our content, programs, and in-person and digital products, advice on bringing new products to market, clinical insights into the member experience, and learning and development for our Leaders who support members on their journey
- Review/create content & collateral including; presentations, training material, topic briefs, program material, website, and digital content and internal communications regarding science and behavior change
- Ensure WW continues to be at the forefront in terms of providing scientifically validated programs and products for both physical and digital environments
- Maintain professional relationships with a variety of experts and external bodies to ensure that WW is always aware of new thinking in weight management, well-being, and behavioral product design.
- Build relationships and work seamlessly with colleagues across the company, and ensure that relationships are built with credibility and trust. Influence their thinking, tempering and enlightening when required. Help to build and support a culture of experimentation within the product organization.
- Work with partners from product management, design, and/or marketing/brand to identify opportunities for a/b testing within existing products and to inform product and communication decisions.
- Design and carry out research based on behavioral science principles and methods, in collaboration with partners across the business, and as supported by internal research (e.g. experience research, consumer insights, data science) and academic research partners.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-7 years of research experience doing literature reviews, writing surveys, designing lab or field experiments, analyzing data, and reporting on results.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Understand the tradeoffs between different research methods (i.e. quant vs qual, survey vs experiment, etc.)
- Have outstanding communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written, for both scientific and non-scientific audiences.
- Be intellectually curious and open to innovation, but maintain objectivity to ensure that the focus remains on the scientific foundation in which the brand is built.
- Able to take complex scientific principles and translate these into everyday terms and understanding
- Masters or Phd preferred in Social Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Clinical Psychology, or related field.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.