Manager, Clinical Research
Manager, Clinical Research
WW (Weight Watchers. Reimagined) is the world’s leading commercial weight-management program, and is evolving to become the world’s partner in wellness. Grounded in science, enabled by technology, and powered by community, WW inspires healthy habits for real life. Research is at the heart of our program, and there have been over 90 published studies conducted in 5 countries on 4 continents rigorously evaluating the WW program (see https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/science-center for more details).
This is a very exciting opportunity in the Science department at WW. As part of a team of experts in the science of behavior change, nutrition, physical activity, and wellness, you will play a key role in the development and conduct of the WW research portfolio. You will help lead a wide portfolio of internal and external clinical research with investigators around the globe. You will also stay up to date on the latest research and facilitate the communication of the latest science to colleagues and our members. In this role, you will help to ensure that we continue to deliver the latest in science-based programming to our over 4 million members around the world.
- Help lead an active clinical research agenda for WW, in the areas of weight management, sleep, stress, and wellness. This includes conducting research both internally and in partnership with external investigators, in the US and globally, with the intention of publishing results in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Maintain professional relationships with a variety of experts and external bodies to ensure that WW is always aware of new thinking in the weight management, well-being, and clinical research.
- Lead day-to-day aspects and timelines of clinical trials, pilot studies, and scientifically-related special projects.
- Communicate with external researchers (study and administrative staff) to manage protocol development and adherence (e.g., contractual matters, budget and payment, study startup and timelines).
- Work cross-functionally internally to facilitate execution of the intervention (e.g., coordinate training of intervention staff, manage member recruitment).
- Participate in scientifically-related special projects such as internal data reviews, scientific advisory panels, and strategic partnerships. This includes working cross-functionally with internal staff to manage timelines, deliverables, budgets, and project plans.
- Conduct focused reviews to interpret and summarize the scientific literature in behavioral weight management and other relevant areas of health and wellness.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal scientific communications including the Science Compendium and Science Bulletin based on frequent reviews of the scientific literature.
- MS or PhD required
- 2+ years of clinical research experience in a related field (obesity, nutrition, physical activity, behavioral science, stress, sleep, wellness). Experience with multi-center trials preferred.
- Content expertise related to nutrition, weight management, physical activity, or well being
- Must be able to contribute and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational & time-management skills, detail-oriented
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook