Product Designer (Coaching)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
About the role & the team
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team working on Personal Coaching, and Coach tools. This team supports our members with custom support, and our service providers with state-of-the-art tools to do their jobs effectively.
Our Product Design team is a close-knit group of 20+ practitioners, each focused on Product Design, Visual Design and Experience research. The team is distributed between our offices in New York City and San Francisco.
We’re user-focused, believe deeply in user-centered design, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and user research minded product managers.
Our team is remarkably talented and growing fast, so this is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers. The Health & Wellness space is growing exponentially and as a designer here, your work will have an immediate meaningful impact on the lives of our members across the globe.
About the Work
Personal coaching is a premium offering focused on supporting WW members who need additional guidance and encouragement. Our goal is to inspire members by providing one-on-one, custom support from our incredible coaches who’ve been on WW before. You’ll work to improve the current experience, as well as shape product strategy for future iterations of Coaching.
Additionally, you’ll work to understand the behaviors, motivations and goals of our coaches and design tools for them to better support WW members. As we expand our coaching offering, you’ll discover new workflows and tools, working closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations to execute and make an impact on our coaches’ daily lives.
- Your portfolio has some strong work and case studies with real clients
- You focus on UX, understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user and articulate a clear design direction
- You believe in craftsmanship and create elegant and compelling designs
- You can prototype, make last-minute tweaks between user studies, know how to be polished as well as quick and dirty
- You are able to navigate between greenfield exploration and tactical, iterative designs
- You can analyze data, interviews, research and translate your insights into actionable layouts, prototypes, and final designs
- You have designed for consumer or internal facing audiences
- You’ve shipped one or more products
- You can share shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you’ve learned along the way
- You know what translates from desktop to mobile and what doesn’t, or why you’d opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android
- You know what details matter at each stage of a release cycle, and how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right
- You know how to manage process and product
- You develop strong relationships with product managers, developers, and other designers
- You substantially contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’
- You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates
- You understand analytics and can think and talk about the company’s bottom line
- You have a deep sense of the company’s business model and what will move the needle
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.