Full Stack Engineer (Ruby Back End)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
- Program daily in Ruby, Rails, React.js and others.
- Build out restful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers.
- Build out new features and iterate on existing features, including both unit & automated tests
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Design to build programs to help kids, teens & families lose weight and live healthier
- You will be on the team improving & expanding our Digital Coaching products to be used across all WW product lines
- You will build features end-to-end, from HTML and CSS through the Ruby on Rails backend, including the database
- You will design and implement backend systems for mobile and web-based applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails in a production environment with experience incorporating Open Source subsystems into production code
- Experience with web services API integration (Rest, JSON, XML).
- Demonstrated understanding of efficient and effective schema use in databases within Postgres, MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience with RSpec or TestUnit/Minitest and a strong desire to use them
- Experience modelling domain data in service and storage layers.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working on Agile teams (pair programming, refactoring, story writing and estimation)
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.