Woodruff-Sawyer is looking for a Benefits Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the marketing and renewal activity for our fully insured and self-insured clients. This role will work with a team of like-minded professional supporting our Benefits team throughout our various locations. This role has the ability to create a big impact for our benefits practice by working with data available both internally and externally to help give our clients insight into to current and future cost, trends, and projections. Sound like you? Then you may be just who we are looking for!
What you will do:
Be responsible for marketing and renewal activity for fully-insured and self-insured clients
- Direct marketing activities to ensure service model timetables are met
- Interprets marketing strategy and develops RFP to meet objectives
- Execute marketing instructions and requests to carrier
- Develop and maintains key relationships critical to the sales process and negotiates with carrier contacts to seek competitive options for clients
- Direct carriers throughout the sales process.
- Analyze proposals for both compliance and for desired provisions that will meet our clients’ needs
- Illustrate options and provides recommendations to Account Managers and Account Executives
- Upon analysis of proposals, recommend revised strategy in response to marketing conditions
- Provide leadership to team in driving process forward and maintaining project plan
- Evaluate, compare benefit plans, and study claims utilization data to develop specific recommendations to best support clients’ overall benefit strategy
- Review and compare cost information to meet common goals and deliver high quality products and service to the client
- Create sales presentations to convey recommended strategic vision while assessing and addressing risk
- Participate in peer review process which includes reviewing renewal documents, communication materials, and presentations to ensure information is free from typos, mistakes, errors before client receives information. Addresses consistency, style, tone, format, etc. Offer constructive feedback to generate a quality output
- Be responsible (with other Benefits Analysts) for managing fully-insured and self-insured financial monitoring report (FMR) process for Data Analytics department
- Assist with building of ad-hoc templates, processes, direction for the Data Analytics department
- Gain ability and competency in marketing of self-insured lines of coverage
Who you are:
- You are someone who has 2 to 5 years of working as a Benefits Analyst at a Employee Benefit Broker or Insurance Carrier
- Or you have demonstrated experience in a role that works heavily with data analytics combining internal data with publicly available data to support a sales/renewal process
- You love enabling smart decision making and marketing because of your unique skill of using data to tell the story
- You want to be a prat of creating a new function for a well thought of, growing company
- An opportunity for growth, development and advancement in the areas of client involvement, risk assessment and management.
- The opportunity to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a collaborative and entrepreneurial team.
- A flexible work schedule.
- Security for your future: Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP), 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees and families (including domestic partners).
- Life Insurance, short term and long term disability benefits.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick days.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Fun company and team outings