Client Communications Manager
As the Client Communications Manager for Employee Benefits at Woodruff Sawyer your key objective is to lead the Communications strategy and solutions offered to clients as part of our service offering. Reporting to the National EB Practice Leader this role will partner with Account Executives to lead communication strategy conversations with clients and oversee the Communication solutions, including refreshing, replacing and developing new solutions to respond to changing client needs and market advancements. You’ll shape the client communication solutions toolkit for the segments we serve, manage the vendors and processes to deliver on our solutions, and work across our client teams to make sure we deliver in the most effective manner.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are strategic, an effective communicator, organized, creative and have a passion for improving how we educate and engage employees on their Employee Benefits programs.
This role can be located in any geography with preference to California, Oregon and Washington.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the subject matter expert on Employee Communication solutions and strategies to support Account Executives in prospect and client presentations as well as client planning meetings.
- Build and manage relationships with vendors and partners in the communication, education and engagement landscape to utilize in our Communications Toolkit or present to clients as a unique offering.
- Manage the current and shape the future Core Communication Toolkit that serves our clients across three segments, recognizing there are different needs by segment to support open enrollment as well as engage and educate employees throughout the year.
- Stay abreast of evolving vendors and solutions that advance our ability and effectiveness to support clients and set our offering apart from other competitors.
- Manage the Communications Coordinator, resources and oversee the internal processes associated with delivering on our Communication Toolkit and solutions that includes benefits guides and related material, benefits portal, an app and digital options.
- Report on trends, adoption of solutions and metrics that inform recommendations for improvement or changes to our strategy and offering.
Experience & Qualifications:
- You have built and managed successful Employee Benefit Communication programs and understand the vendor landscape.
- You enjoy client facing strategic discussions and can turn concepts and ideas into successful measurable deliverables.
- You excel in presentation and communication skills.
- You enjoy partnering with internal teams (sales and service) to meet client needs.
- You have strong project management skills.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in creating, leading and delivering effective employee benefit communication strategies and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Publisher, InDesign and Microsoft office.
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills.
Who We Are:
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.