Technical Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects and supporting various business units across the organization. They will be required to create and manage schedules and will also prioritize plans across product teams. Experience with web and mobile application product development and launch planning is required. The Project Manager must have experience collaborating and effectively communicating within a multidisciplinary, cross-functional, global team to ensure project completion.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years of working in project or program management in a software and/or product development environment
- Knowledgeable in software development full SDLC
- Experience of various project management methodologies (waterfall, agile/scrum/Kanban)
- Independently lead and direct projects requiring high levels of functional integration
- Perform the full range of project management cycle; from initiating to closing
- Build strong working relationships with business stakeholders and ensure project support and commitment
- Setting up project goals
- Develop and manage project plans
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on time and within budget
- Participate and lead regular status and internal meetings
- Identify, analyze, prioritize and manage project risks. Develop contingency plans to mitigate risks
- Develop and maintain project related documentation
Manage stakeholder communication and approvals
- Plan and execute deployments
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to make important decisions under pressure
- Time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willing to try new things and challenge the status quo
- PMP certification
- CSM certification
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry
Who we are:
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.