Account Manager - Emerging Business
Woodruff Sawyer is looking for an Account Manager to join our growing Emerging Business Team. The Emerging Business team specializes in Life Science, Technology and Financial Institution clients within the venture capital start-up space by providing risk management and consulting services while enabling our clients to understand their exposures and mitigate their losses. Account Managers help manage complex account renewals, new business, and overall service. They are responsible for ensuring that the placement process runs smoothly from start to finish, while keeping up to date on market changes and trends and providing expert technical knowledge related to coverage issues.
What you’ll do:
- Act as primary contact for management of all assigned client accounts in accordance with WS Service Standards and practice guidelines, assuring timelines of responses and accuracy of information.
- Manage assigned book of business with appropriate mix of revenue and complexity.
- Maintain current understanding of coverages and market trends affecting assigned book of business, demonstrating ability to clearly communicate these details with clients.
- Effectively manage multiple clients in accordance with P&C practice service requirements and best practices to sustain client retention.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in presentations to clients; assure thoroughness, accuracy, and ability to answer questions or concerns through well-developed communication skills.
- Handle complex and detailed issues in a clear, efficient, and effective manner; take responsibility for problem solving to conclusion.
- Develop strategic overview on accounts, arranging strategy meetings, requesting information from the markets and client, and reviewing all documents pertaining to client needs.
- Develop and execute the client renewal timeline.
- Manage contract review and effectively explain and clarify details with client verbally and/or in writing.
- Cross-sell other Woodruff Sawyer insurance services and coverages.
- Maintain specific industry/coverage/technical expertise and serve as a proactive resource on the team.
- Ability to work directly with a Producer with no AE involvement whenever necessary.
This job is for you, if...
- You can proactively and effectively service clients to assure needs, timelines, and expectations are met; this includes active participation in team and client meetings either directly or via phone.
- You can clearly read and interpret information for clients and colleagues both verbally and in writing.
- You are great with building relationships and interacting in a tactful and professional manner.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, customer centric environment; you remain calm under pressure.
- You proactively overcome barriers and find acceptable solutions to client issues.
- You have experience with coaching, developing, and managing assigned support staff; you can serve as a positive role model; you help foster camaraderie within the Practice.
- You are willing to assist in developing and driving the team strategy related to client service and team skills development.
- You can speak and articulate clearly, sit, stand, reach, bend, twist, lift files and keyboard on a routine daily basis for much of the day.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of seven years of industry experience; demonstrated ability to resolve more complex client issues.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and shift focus as priorities change.
- Previous supervisory, training and/or formal mentoring experience desirable; demonstrated ability to be a team builder.
- Fire & Casualty license required upon hire or within 3 months of obtaining position.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Exceptionally organized and efficient.
- Experience managing your day-to-day within a client management system (EPIC preferred) is a plus, but not required.
Who We Are:
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.