Claims Coverage Manager
Woodruff Sawyer is an insurance brokerage firm that serves a number of tech innovators, global businesses, and trailblazing clients. Just having celebrated our 100-year mark, we are a firm that sits on the cutting-edge of the industries we serve—and we happen to be a great place to work, with locations throughout the US.
At Woodruff Sawyer, we’re passionate about serving clients in a way no one else in the insurance industry can match. We’re unparalleled in customer satisfaction and retention rates. But we aren’t just good to our clients; we live our values every day internally as well. From generous remote work and health insurance benefits to collaborating with a team of experienced and friendly sales and marketing professionals, we’re a fun place to work. If you geek out on business strategy, cyber security, or risk in general, you'll find this world as fascinating as we do.
We are seeking a motivated individual to act as a Claims Coverage Manager that will be a part of the Claims Audit and Consulting Team and help with the identification and analysis of coverage for incoming claims.
THE JOB, IN SUMMARY:
This is a full-time position within the Claims Audit & Consulting department of Woodruff Sawyer and is responsible for reviewing all incoming claims (except designated non-complex files) received by Woodruff Sawyer (WS) to evaluate, on an enterprise basis, which clients’ policies should be noticed. The CCM will create and provide a report for each matter to the Claims Team and the Account Team which shall include: a summary of the allegations, the policies reviewed, a recommendation on notice, and whether other clients may be implicated.
The CCM will also carry a limited caseload, provide support to claims consultants on existing complex matters, and assist claims consultants with composing technical coverage arguments. The successful candidate will have strong analytical writing skills.
THE JOB, IN DETAIL:
Once in receipt of, or triggered to act on new claim information, the CCM is responsible for the following actions as part of the review:
● Create Review Report capturing:
○ All entities and individual persons named in the claim
○ All allegations included in the claim
○ All policies placed by WS for relevant clients
● Provide Review Report to Claims Consultant(s) and Account Team with specific recommendation on which policies may trigger coverage and considered for notice
● Be available for strategy sessions on complex claims that require a second set of eyes
● Research and draft coverage arguments to carriers on behalf of our insured clients
● Research case law and industry trends
YOU MUST HAVE:
● Minimum of seven years of claims management experience, law firm, TPA or brokerage environment preferred
● Bachelor’s degree required
● J.D., CPCU, RPLU or ARM designation a bonus
● Advanced knowledge of practical and technical aspects of core coverage area, claim procedures and terminology for Professional Liability and Property & Casualty lines
● Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
● Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
● Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and shift focus as priorities change
● Fire & Casualty license required upon hire or within 3 months of obtaining position
● Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation required
● Ability to travel as required
● Flexibility to learn new systems and patience to teach others as a trusted resource
● Ability to work with senior subject matter experts in insurance; help them feel comfortable talking to you by building relationships and trust
WHAT YOU'LL BE GETTING FROM US:
- An opportunity for growth, development and advancement in the areas of client involvement, risk assessment and management.
- The opportunity to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a collaborative and entrepreneurial team.
- A flexible work schedule.
- Security for your future: Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP), 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees and families (including domestic partners).
- Life Insurance, short term and long term disability benefits.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick days.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Fun company and team outings