As a Project Manager at Woodruff Sawyer, your key objective is to manage projects that align with the strategic goals in the Employee Benefits (EB) Practice. Reporting to the VP of EB Operations, the project manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing projects to completion within stated timelines and metrics (budget, scope). The project manager will work with multiple stakeholders within, and possibly external to, the EB Practice. This role is new to Employee Benefits as we continue to grow and invest in the operations team. As such, the project manager will oversee a variety of projects that will shape and improve existing operational functions and client offerings as well as be a key architect in forming future strategies in the changing employee benefits landscape.
What You’ll Do
- Consult with EB leaders to identify and organize projects by defining project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Establish rapport with collaborating departments including working with other Project Managers to maximize PM tools and processes
- Facilitate discussions to define mutually agreed upon goals
- Coordinate internal stakeholder input, ideas, and feedback
- Complete project documents including communication, risk, change management, and quality plans; work breakdown structures (WBS), project schedule, and others
- Manage and communicate project objectives and goals to the project team
- Present project documents to key stakeholders and audiences
- Manage project execution from start to finish including tracking progress, identifying issues, and mitigating risks
- Escalate issues proactively for resolution to minimize project impact
- Manage issue tracking and resolution
- Meet regularly with project sponsors/identified stakeholders to communicate progress toward milestones and overall project status, provide insights into project health
- Ensure project outcomes are in alignment with desired impact and results
- Provide recommendations for bringing projects back into alignment with expected outcomes when needed
This job is for you, if you…
- Are highly organized, comfortable leading multiple projects, an effective communicator, collaborative, and willing to learn our business
- Enjoy and will thrive building and establishing a new role in a business unit
- Have advanced knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge guidelines (PMBOK) including productivity tools, project charters, work plans (communication, risk management, change management, etc.)
- Can gather, analyze, and make recommendations/decisions based on data
- Have advanced proficiency with office software (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Have built strong working relationships with business stakeholders and can perform the full range of project management cycle from initiating to closing
- Have excellent verbal, written communications, time management and organizational skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Insurance industry/insurance broker industry experience a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- PMP in progress or Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) considered
- Minimum of 3 years’ project management experience
We’re open to fully remote candidates in the United States for this role! Our work is primarily conducted during Pacific Time zone hours and occasional travel (once per quarter) may be required to our west coast offices.
Who We Are
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.