Sr. Account Manager - Cyber
Woodruff Sawyer’s Cyber Liability Practice is looking for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Account Manager. Senior Account Managers are responsible for the timely and successful renewal of their complete book of business as well as placement of newly assigned business, ensuring the best possible terms and conditions. They should act as ambassadors both inside and outside the firm, commanding a high degree of technical knowledge with the ability to speak intelligently about the market and coverage trends with both AEs and clients.
Senior Account Managers should be actively aware and mindful of the higher-level strategy regarding the management of the practice profit and expense line. They will be expected to participate in training and mentoring of more junior team members, and will be involved in the broader workflow process, design and business strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Effectively manage multiple clients in accordance with Cyber best practices in order to sustain expected client retention rate.
- Responsible for assigned book of business with appropriate mix of revenue and complexity as defined by Practice Leader.
- Apply market and risk management knowledge to client business model/needs; identify gaps and find the most effective solutions.
- Provide coverage analysis in relation to client’s business; effectively explain and clarify coverages with client verbally and/or in writing.
- Accountable for timely policy review, delivery and audits.
- Accountable for confirming final policy document is consistent with negotiated program.
- Research and/or resolve accounting and collection issues.
- Exhibit high level of expertise, demonstrating persistence, resourcefulness and creativity when negotiating with carriers to maintain the highest levels of client advocacy.
- Create and execute marketing strategy in collaboration with Account Executive.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively and independently market Cyber and E&O risk.
- Responsible for the process, evaluation and preparation of insurance proposals; participate in new client presentations and renewals as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain professional verbal and written communication with clients and colleagues.
- Establish and communicate workflow expectations; demonstrate ability to proactively overcome barriers and be persistent in finding acceptable solutions.
- Serve as a technical resource to team members, and colleagues in other groups and offices, on procedures and complex issues; assist less experienced staff when handling difficult or intimidating situations or struggling to build relationships.
- Demonstrate leadership through coaching, mentoring, and training of others; continue to actively build depth and breadth of industry knowledge.
- Delegate work appropriately and use delegation as an opportunity to develop others; participate fully as a team member; provide backup to designated team members and actively contribute to establishing and meeting team goals.
- Exemplify Woodruff Sawyer’s core competencies at appropriate level.
This job is for you if…
- You proactively and effectively manage and service clients to assure needs, timelines, and expectations are met; including active participation in team and client meetings either directly or via phone.
- You can clearly read and interpret information for clients and colleagues both verbally and in writing.
- You build relationships and interact in a tactful and professional manner in a fast-paced, customer centric environment; remain calm under pressure.
- You proactively overcome barriers and find acceptable solutions to client issues.
- You’re can coach and develop junior staff members; serve as a positive role model; help foster camaraderie within the Practice.
- You assist in developing and driving the team strategy related to client service and team skill development.
- You can speak and articulate clearly, sit, stand, reach, bend, twist, lift files and keyboard on a routine daily basis for the majority of the day. Lifting requirements will generally be less than 10 pounds.
Education & Qualifications:
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of five years of industry experience, or three years specific to Cyber in Account Management, Underwriting or similar role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and shift focus as priorities change.
- Fire & Casualty license required upon hire or within 3 months of obtaining position.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Who We Are
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.