As a Data Analyst at Woodruff Sawyer, you will be helping to shape technology for our vast network of agents and internal teams. You will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. You must be capable of working both independently and collaboratively.
What You’ll Do
- Working with key business partners to understand business priorities, identify strategic initiatives, and develop effective and timely analytic solutions
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
This job is for you if…
- You use judgement to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom, and focuses on the crux of issues to identify high leverage intervention points and strategies.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication.
- You are a flexible team player with a “get-it-done” personality.
- You have the ability to organize and plan work independently.
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- You can multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
Education & Qualifications
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, both technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Proficient in SQL for use in business analysis and testing efforts
- Entity Relationship modeling, metadata systems, data quality tools and techniques
- ETL Experience with SSIS
- Reporting Services (SSRS) and having Power BI is add advantage
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Insurance Industry Experience preferred.
Who We Are
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.