Account Representative - Surety
Position: Account Representative
Reports To: Practice Manager
FLSA Code: Non-exempt
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Account Representatives provide support to Account Managers and Senior Account Managers while also managing a book of business as appropriate to skill level and experience. On occasion, Account Representatives will collaborate with other team members regarding servicing of client bond needs. This is a transition role requiring a strong aptitude for time management and prioritization and a high level of ownership. Strong communication skills are also crucial, as this is a client facing role.
Primary Job Duties
1. Responsible for assigned book of business of appropriate mix of revenue and complexity.
2. Develop relationships with clients, carriers and team members.
3. Create client deliverables, maintaining data and files as necessary.
4. Assist Account Manager and other team members with annual surety review process, reviewing bond summary reports, activity levels and specific client needs.
5. Analyze proposals in order to make recommendations to the Account Manager.
6. Deliver ongoing service to clients, including bond requests as directed by account handler.
7. Effectively manage multiple clients in accordance with surety practice service requirements and best practices in order to sustain client retention.
8. Review and analyze bond forms, contracts and other related legal documents.
9. Finalize pricing, conditions and terms on accounts with underwriters.
10. Review and deliver policies in a timely manner.
11. Demonstrate understanding of client business and industry; proactively apply business and market knowledge to client situations.
12. Coordinate bond requests across practices as necessary.
13. Take increase ownership of working directly with clients as appropriate.
1. Establish and maintain professional verbal and written communication with clients and colleagues.
2. Demonstrate strong problem resolution skills and the understanding of when to escalate more complex issues to management.
3. Demonstrate strong attention to detail, tenacity, and time management; understand urgency and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
4. Actively contribute to establishing and meeting team goals; provide backup to other team members as requested and contribute to a positive and respectful work environment.
5. Exemplify Woodruff Sawyer’s core competencies at appropriate level.
1. Minimum of three years industry experience.
2. College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
3. Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
4. Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Fire & Casualty license required upon hire or within 3 months of obtaining position.
• Clearly read and interpret information for clients, colleagues and/or carriers both verbally and in writing.
• Proactively overcome issues and find acceptable solutions to client issues.
• Build relationships and interact in a calm, tactful and professional manner in a fast-paced, customer centric environment; remain calm under pressure.
• Proactively and effectively service clients to assure needs, timelines and expectations are met; including active participation in team and client meetings either directly or via phone
• Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, twist, lift files and keyboard on a routine daily basis for the majority of the day. Lifting requirements will generally be less than 10 pounds.
WHAT YOU'LL BE GETTING FROM US:
- An opportunity for growth, development and advancement in the areas of client involvement, risk assessment and management.
- The opportunity to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a collaborative and entrepreneurial team.
- A flexible work schedule.
- Security for your future: Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP), 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees and families (including domestic partners).
- Life Insurance, short term and long term disability benefits.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick days.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Fun company and team outings.