Sr. Account Manager - Employee Benefits
Woodruff Sawyer is the type of place where hardworking individuals can make a big impact. We are passionate about what we do for our clients and we’ve created an environment where our employees can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We are really looking for someone who thrives on being challenged in a fast-paced environment and has a high level of intellectual curiosity. If you are driven, creative and team-oriented, this is the right place for you.
Our Employee Benefits department is looking for a Senior Account Manager to join their collaborative, fast-paced and industrious team. The ideal candidate is a true go-getter with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Clear communication is key as you will be working with and building relationships with people across diverse disciplines. In addition, the candidate must thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment. To succeed in this position, you should be highly organized, upbeat and detail oriented.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as the primary contact for management of all assigned client accounts; handle account renewals and new business
- Staying up to date with small group and large group legislation and compliance affecting assigned book of business
- Developing strategic overview on accounts, arranging strategy meetings, requesting information from the markets and client, and reviewing all documents pertaining to client needs
- Developing and executing the client service plan
- Implementing program design with an understanding of alternate funding arrangements and results
What you should already have:
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of seven years of industry experience.
- Small group and benefit administration experience preferred. Self-funding experience, development required.
- Project management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills; Strong attention to detail.
- Life, Accident and Health license required at hire or within 3 months of obtaining position.
- Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to travel as required.
What you’ll be getting from us:
- An opportunity for growth, development and advancement in the areas of client involvement, risk assessment and management.
- The opportunity to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a collaborative and ambitious team.
- A flexible work schedule
- Security for your future: Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP), 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees and families (including domestic partners)
- Life Insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Fun company and team outings