Account Representative - Property & Casualty
Our Property & Casualty practice is looking for an Account Representative to join their collaborative and industrious team. The P&C Practice provides risk management and consulting services to Technology, Life Science and Commercial organizations enabling them to understand their exposures and mitigate their losses. Clear communication is key as you will be working with and building relationships with people across diverse disciplines. In addition, the candidate must be highly organized, motivated, resourceful and a quick learner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set up renewal, marketing and other practice templates
- May manage a small book of business
- Begin to participate in client presentations, renewal marketing and the strategic planning process
- Update specifications on agency management system with current account information provided by service team
- Prepare and transmit invoices in accordance with WS Service Standards
- Coordinate distribution of Broker of Records letters and collect new client documents
- Work with accounting to resolve client billing issues
- Update Summary of Insurance as appropriate
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of industry experience (broker or carrier side)
- Very strong communication skills - oral, written, phone and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build client relationships
- Strong analytical, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and PowerPoint desired
- High school diploma. College degree desired
- Current Fire & Casualty license required
Who We Are:
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.