Sr. Account Manager - Private Client Group
Woodruff Sawyer’s Private Client Group is looking for a Senior Account Manager to join their collaborative team. Personal Lines Senior Account Managers are responsible for the timely and successful renewal of their complete book of business as well as placement of newly assigned business. Personal Lines Senior Account Managers also assist the Practice Leader in developing and growing a highly successful client facing team. In addition, they are also responsible for managing a smooth insurance placement process from start to finish, keeping Account Executives up to date on the latest market changes and trends, as well as providing expert technical knowledge with regards to coverage issues.
Primary Job Duties
- Primary contact for management of all assigned client accounts in accordance with WS Service Standards and practice guidelines, assuring timelines of responses and accuracy of information
- Responsible for assigned book of business with appropriate mix of revenue and complexity
- Maintain current understanding of coverages and market trends affecting assigned book of business, demonstrating ability to clearly communicate these details with clients
- Effectively manage multiple clients in accordance with practice service requirements and best practices in order to sustain client retention
- Demonstrate strong expertise in presentations to clients; assure thoroughness, accuracy and ability to answer questions or concerns through well-developed communication skills
- Handle complex and detailed issues in a clear, efficient and effective manner; take responsibility for problem solving to conclusion
- Responsible for developing strategic overview on accounts, arranging strategy meetings, requesting information from the markets and client, and reviewing all documents pertaining to client needs
- Conduct client reviews both onsite and remotely, analyzing client’s personal risk to loss and assessing solutions based on risk management reviews
- Develop and execute the client renewal timeline
- Manage coverage analysis for clients and effectively explain and clarify details with client verbally and/or in writing
- Assist management with team audits involving private client processing, documentation, compliance, and carrier underwriting requirements
- Ability to cross-sell other Woodruff Sawyer insurance services and coverages
- Maintain specific industry/coverage/technical expertise and serve as a proactive resource on the team; ability to work directly with a Producer with no AE involvement
- Establish and maintain professional verbal and written communication with clients and colleagues.
- Possess excellent presentation capabilities with the ability to focus on and address clients’ key needs and concerns.
- Establish and communicate workflow expectations; demonstrate ability to proactively overcome barriers and be persistent in finding acceptable solutions.
- Serve as a technical resource to team members on in-depth knowledge of procedures and complex issues; assist less experienced staff when handling difficult or intimidating situations or struggling to build relationships.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide coaching, mentoring and training to others; continue to actively build depth and breadth of industry knowledge.
- Delegate work appropriately and use delegation as an opportunity to develop others; participate fully as a team member; provide backup to designated team members and actively contribute to establishing and meeting team goals.
- Exemplify Woodruff Sawyer’s core competencies at appropriate level.
- Minimum of seven years of industry experience; demonstrated ability to resolve more complex client issues.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced understanding of high net worth carrier contracts, underwriting and agency compliance requirements for personal lines; strong understanding of complex issues and markets.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and shift focus as priorities change.
- Previous supervisory, training and/or formal mentoring experience desirable; demonstrated ability to be a team builder.
- Fire & Casualty license required upon hire or within 3 months of obtaining position.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Proactively and effectively service clients to assure needs, timelines and expectations are met; including active participation in team and client meetings either directly or via phone.
- Clearly read and interpret information for clients and colleagues both verbally and in writing.
- Build relationships and interact in a tactful and professional manner in a fast-paced, customer centric environment; remain calm under pressure.
- Proactively overcome barriers and find acceptable solutions to client issues.
- Coach, develop and manage assigned staff; serve as a positive role model; help foster camaraderie within the Practice.
- Assist in developing and driving the team strategy related to client service and team skills development
- Speak and articulate clearly, sit, stand, reach, bend, twist, lift files and keyboard on a routine daily basis for the majority of the day. Lifting requirements will generally be less than 10 pounds.
For Colorado-based candidates:
Compensation: Minimum annual salary of $75,000+. This position is eligible to participate in a bonus program with a target equivalent to 8% of salary annually, based on individual and Company performance.
Benefits: Subject to the Company’s regular benefit plans, full-time, new employees are eligible for a variety of annual benefits including Company health plans (medical, dental, and vision), life/ad&d and disability Insurance, as well as 401(k) with a company match, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), and profit sharing. Employees are also eligible for paid holidays, including floating holidays, paid volunteer hours, and pay during jury duty. They also earn, as they work, a minimum of 10 days of vacation per year (pro-rated for part-time employees) and sick pay of up to 72 hours per year. Other Company benefits include licensing, educational reimbursement, commuter benefits, and additional perks.
Compensation and Benefits are what Woodruff Sawyer in good faith believes are accurate for this role at the time of this posting. These details are only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado and may be modified in the future.