As the Sales Recruiter at Woodruff Sawyer your key objective is proactive recruitment of Producers for the company.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, this is a high-touch and high-visibility role focused on strategic sales recruiting, building key stakeholder relationships, and creative candidate outreach.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are highly collaborative, organized, and excel at cultivating relationships over the long term. We’re looking for someone who cares about people and is passionate about hiring from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, source, and engage talent to grow our team through creative and diverse multi-channel methods.
- Collaborate with leadership and hiring managers to understand current and future hiring needs, providing advice and direction throughout the recruitment process.
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive market research, industry contacts, association memberships, and employee referrals.
- Regularly manage pipeline activity and provide recommendations for improving talent strategies based on data.
- Develop a detailed understanding of company and employer value proposition in order to qualify candidates and articulate our business.
- Design and implement talent attraction plans, partnering closely with hiring teams.
- Craft effective sourcing strategies and techniques using an appropriate combination of direct sourcing, social recruiting, and other relevant passive recruitment methods.
- Ensure an engaging and positive candidate experience.
- Serve as a knowledgeable, personable ambassador of the company at conferences, career fairs, and other networking events, as needed.
This job is for you, if...
- You’re highly competitive and always meet your goals, but you understand that winning is easier when you work as a team.
- You're a “connector” and people-person. You can have a conversation with anyone, and people feel at ease with you.
- You have a combination of great compassion for hiring managers, deep recruiting expertise, and critical thinking - always keeping the big picture of the business in mind.
- You are passionate about service and want to ensure that everyone involved in the hiring process has a positive experience, whether hiring manager or candidate.
- You pride yourself on your communication skills and love cross-functional collaboration.
- You’re flexible and use a blend of old and new school recruiting techniques; whatever it takes to find the best candidate.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years recruiting/sourcing experience (3+ years recruiting for senior sales or executive roles preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience with ATS and CRM systems.
- Track record and reputation for successfully partnering with leadership to attract top talent
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and other workplace technology (Zoom, Slack, etc.).
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
Who We Are:
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.