Administrative Assistant, Finance
Woodruff Sawyer is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our growing and collaborative Finance Team! As Administrative Assistant you will provide secretarial, administrative and project management support while acting as both a gatekeeper and liaison for the Executive Finance Team.
This role requires a high degree of discretion, organizational ability, judgment, and commitment. It is a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and requires a strong focus with the ability to multitask. In this high-profile position, you will also have the opportunity to interface with all levels of internal staff, outside vendors, clients, prospects, and business associates of the Senior Executive Team daily.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate schedules – you will coordinate daily calendars for assigned executives, including setting up, tracking, and resolving conflicts for all internal and external appointments
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders – you will manage phone calls, conference calls and emails, review/redirect/distribute incoming mail, and compose, edit and/or rewrite letters, memos, and other documents utilizing Microsoft Office, DocuSign, etc.
- Manage expenses – you will track and reconcile monthly corporate credit card and cash expense reports for assigned executives; you’ll reconcile, obtain approvals, and process various kinds of invoices including subscriptions, club and professional memberships, vendor/consultant billings, etc.
- Arrange travel – you’ll book all domestic and international travel for primary executives; you will also assist members of the Board and other employees with complex travel itineraries
- Support candidates – you will coordinate interview schedules and travel for senior management candidates and provide support as necessary when a candidate is hired
- Build rapport – you will proactively and effectively manage and service clients to assure needs, timelines, and expectations are met, including active participation in team and client meetings
This job is for you if….
- Clear communication is of the utmost importance to you and you have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- You are able to keep Senior Executives and other team members informed of concerns as necessary and are able to clearly read and interpret information for clients and colleagues
- You have the ability to establish and articulate workflow expectations; you are able to proactively overcome barriers and be persistent in finding acceptable solutions
- You’ve demonstrated leadership skills through coaching, mentoring, and training of others and are able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- You are eager to learn and continue to actively build depth and breadth of industry knowledge
- You pride yourself in your ability to stay calm under pressure and you thrive in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment
Experience & Qualifications:
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Three years administrative support and project management experience; exceptional customer service abilities
- Strong editing and business writing capabilities
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Slack, and DocuSign
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management, analytical, negotiation and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and shift focus as priorities change
- Demonstrated ability in project design, implementation, and maintenance
- Able to speak and articulate clearly, sit, stand, reach, bend, twist, lift files and keyboard on a routine daily basis for the majority of the day; lifting requirements will generally be less than 10 pounds
Who We Are:
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.