Senior Analytics Application Developer
Woodruff-Sawyer is looking for a highly analytical, skilled, and talented full-stack developer with a data science background and excellent communication skills for the role of the Analytics Application Developer.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Commercial Lines Business Intelligence, the developer will perform various duties involving application development, dashboard designs, and moving applications to production. In addition, the work will include collaborating with commercial business intelligence colleagues and technology colleagues to understand data and analytics processes and building analytics applications that advance the usage of analytics with the sales team. Combining multi-disciplinary skills in building scalable business intelligence assets (data feeds, web applications, dashboards, reports, etc.) and maintaining such assets would be essential for success in this role.
The primary responsibility of the role is to support the execution of the data and analytics workflows of the business intelligence team and evolve a common analytics application platform:
- Research data, build data structures, and deploys data structures in SQL databases.
- Compiles and analyzes data from various data stores and develops stored procedures and views to assist the data scientists.
- Evolves data quality monitoring reports.
- Researches and rectifies data issues, calculations, etc., in currently published dashboards and data marts.
- Owns, executes, and assists in data integration initiatives for third-party data for casualty and ML lines.
- Monitors and updates analytics training modules regularly.
- A Master’s or higher degree in Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Finance, Engineering, or other quantitative disciplines.
- Three or more years of experience in Insurance or an allied industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working and evolving technology infrastructure for analytics.
- Experience in operationalizing and automating analytics tools.
- Demonstrable ability to:
- Troubleshooting and rectifying data and calculation errors at impeccable speed.
- Creating beautiful BI dashboards for client-facing sales and client teams.
- Understanding and applying complex calculations for evolving dashboards.
- Consuming terminologies, data, and information in insurance underwriting and claims setting.
Who We Are
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.