Account Executive - Employee Benefits
Servicing Account Executives work directly with the Producers and Practice Leaders by identifying and implementing new business opportunities and delivering superior client service. They are also responsible for actively retaining business and maintaining senior level relationships with clients, while keeping up to date on market changes and trends and providing expert technical knowledge related to coverage issues.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for an assigned book of business with revenue of $1M-$2M or appropriate mix of revenue and complexity.
- Responsible for profitability on the account where a Benefits Producer does not exist.
- Coordinate all aspects of renewal process with client and Producer and Account Management team.
- Anticipate client needs and risk profile and apply this knowledge to best position client in the insurance market.
- Build strong carrier relationships and leverage these as needed to assist team and insure the best client solutions.
- Serve as a mentor to team members on in-depth knowledge of procedures and complex issues.
- Arrange strategy meetings with client, Producer and Account Management team, involving Practice Leader when appropriate.
- Meet with client in advance of renewals, addressing client needs to prepare for final renewal meetings; conduct renewal and interim client meetings with assigned accounts.
- Prepare and guide preparation and presentation of renewal proposals to clients.
- Assure timely receipt of information from clients to Account Managers; collaborate with Account Managers in developing specifications, securing underwriting information, analyzing existing coverages, and making coverage comparisons.
- Expand existing accounts by developing new coverages and designing innovative program solutions.
- Maintain specific industry/coverage/technical expertise and serve as a proactive resource on the team; ability to work directly with a Producer.
- Stay abreast of market changes, developing trends and maintain awareness of competition.
- Participate in relative industry and trade associate meetings and events.
- Establish and maintain professional verbal and written communication with clients and colleagues.
- Possess excellent presentation capabilities with the ability to focus on and address clients’ key needs and concerns.
- Establish and communicate workflow expectations; demonstrate ability to proactively overcome barriers and be persistent in finding acceptable solutions.
- Serve as a technical resource to team members on in-depth knowledge of procedures and complex issues; assist less experienced staff when handling difficult or intimidating situations or struggling to build relationships.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide coaching, mentoring and training to others; continue to actively build depth and breadth of industry knowledge.
- Delegate work appropriately and use delegation as an opportunity to develop others; participate fully as a team member; provide backup to designated team members and actively contribute to establishing and meeting team goals.
- Exemplify Woodruff Sawyer’s core competencies and contribute to superior service.
This job is for you if…
- You proactively and effectively service clients to assure needs, timelines and expectations are met, including active participation in team and client meetings either directly or via phone.
- You can clearly read and interpret information for clients and colleagues both verbally and in writing.
- You build relationships and interact in a tactful and professional manner in a fast-paced, customer centric environment; remain calm under pressure.
- You proactively overcome barriers and find acceptable solutions to client issues.
- You can coach, develop, and manage assigned staff; serve as a positive role model; help foster camaraderie within the Practice.
- You assist in developing and driving the team strategy related to client service and team skills development
Speak and articulate clearly, sit, stand, reach, bend, twist, lift files and keyboard on a routine daily basis for most of the day. Lifting requirements will generally be less than 10 pounds
Education & Qualifications
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience; demonstrated ability to resolve more complex client issues.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong technical skills, including broad understanding of insurance coverages and solutions.
- Advanced insurance designations preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and shift focus as priorities change.
- Life, Accident and Health license required upon hire or within 3 months of obtaining position.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to travel as required.
Who We Are
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents.
We are a privately held corporation, owned 100% by our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Ownership in the company through our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, etc.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.