Head - Spatial Data & Data Analytics
Head – Spatial Data and Data Analytics, Sustainable Cities & Transport
What is WRI India?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
WRI India | Ross Center is looking for a person to Head its spatial data and data analytics team. WRI India | Ross Center uses data, information and technical expertise to make informed urban infrastructure choices and design. We frequently interact with senior leadership in Municipal Corporation and State Government. Today, access to satellite data, data from large scale sample surveys and locally available data provide unique opportunities to bring deep insights to decisions makers.
- Collaborate with the technical team to define data analytics needs for specific engagements and help make decisions on urban infrastructure in our cities more data driven.
- Prioritize tasks based on institutional priorities
- Lead hiring, managing and mentoring the team
- Build professional and technical knowledge on remote sensing, spatial analytics, data science
- By attending educational workshops
- Reviewing professional publications
- Establishing personal networks
- Participating in professional societies
- Hiring, building processes to collaborate with technical teams on requests such as generating maps, spatial data insights.
- Knowledge and past experience of data analytics science or GIS or remote sensing or product management will be preferred.
- Experience – 15+ Years
- 5+ year experience managing and growing team
- Master’s Degree – Engineering/ Management/ Planning/ Geography/ Environmental Science
- Product development, product management experience
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.