Associate - Editorial, Communications
Associate – Editorial, Communications
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being. The India Resources Trust has a license from WRI to use the trademark “WRI India”.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 400 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis. WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
The WRI India Senior Communications Associate will be a key member of the WRI India core communications team and will be based in New Delhi, India. The candidate is expected to have outstanding content development and editorial skills. One of the key responsibilities is to create and edit content for the social media, blogs, op-eds and print collaterals. The candidate must have passion to distil complex ideas in well-organized, accessible and everyday language.
She/he will cocreate content for WRI India and will collaborate in designing the story of WRI India across various platforms. The candidate is expected to have knowledge and willingness to adapt key messages for the social media such as Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Provide writing, editing and copyediting support to the leadership and programs with production of compelling written and visual communications.
- Serve as liaison between WRI India communications and program staff to develop program-related communications and promote project milestones.
- Edit and manage regular newsletters.
- Manage quality control and ensure timely dissemination of WRI India all-staff emailers.
Website Content Management -
- Perform quality control checks on all new and revised content. Check for length, language, flow, spelling and grammar.
- Work closely with WRI India communications staff to cross-promote content, templates and design.
- Contribute to web projects such as site launches, site redesigns, site retirements, user experience improvements, content planning and migration, map and interactive content development, etc.
- Manage photo selection, such as cropping, resizing, and compressing.
Social Media -
- Manage WRI India’s social media accounts especially including Twitter and LinkedIn in collaboration with the team.
- Spot social media trends relevant to WRI’s work, and work to include our content in nationally trending conversations.
Event Communications -
- Oversee development of general communications materials related to small and large-scale events, including branding, website, messaging, talking points, PowerPoint slides, and print materials.
- Ensure that all WRI India events follow brand guidelines, working closely with project teams and external vendors for the same.
- Masters’ degree in fields such as communications, marketing, business, social or environmental studies, or English language or literature.
- Minimum 5-6 years of full-time experience
- Ability to brainstorm creative growth strategies for digital and social media outreach, as well as an understanding of other web best practices and standards.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a diverse group of internal clients.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, technical curiosity, and willingness to learn.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Basic knowledge of design software such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Understanding of how websites are built and basic troubleshooting.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Start Date: As soon as possible
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.