Research Analyst (C&I RE Procurement)
Research Analyst(C&I RE Procurement), Jaipur, Rajasthan
Who we are what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program Overview for Energy
The objective of the WRI India energy program is to inform and guide India’s transition to cleaner energy. The program focuses on three inter-related aspects of this energy transition: enhancing energy access, scaling renewables among specific consumer categories, and achieving higher levels of energy and buildings efficiency. Our energy access work is specifically aimed at ensuring access to affordable and clean energy so as to improve socio-economic development in rural and remote regions of India. Through strong research, ground-level implementation experience, partnerships with key stakeholders and communicating our work, we seek to achieve impact at scale.
About your role:
WRI globally, has deep experience in the energy sector and on climate change across several topic areas and is widely recognized as a leader on energy and climate issues. In India, we have a multi-pronged energy strategy that looks strategically at directing our tools, research, expertise, and partnerships to support India’s clean energy transition across varied economic activities like extraction, production, distribution, consumption and waste management ; in ensuring universal access to reliable, affordable and sustainable electricity and minimizing energy losses and thereby contributing to energy planning and policy analysis.
The Energy program at WRI India is seeking a Research Analyst (C&I RE Procurement) to scale up deployment of clean energy by supporting C&I consumers with their RE procurement strategies.
How your day will unfold:
The Research Analyst (C&I RE Procurement) will be part of a focused team; with the following responsibilities:
- Help cultivate and develop the Rajasthan chapter and steering committee of Green Power Market Development Group (GPMDG) with participation from C&I consumers, developers, policy makers and civil society
- Support renewable energy procurement and energy efficiency interventions directly with C&I customers, partner organizations, utilities, regulators, subnational government representatives and coordinate with relevant national ministry staff.
- Be directly responsible for developing knowledge products about renewable energy procurement business models, policy landscape etc. for the GPMDG program
- Participate in (and where relevant, lead) research to produce knowledge products (reports / issue briefs) and other publications and reports (online and print) on trends, tools and business models in the clean energy space aimed at C&I customers.
- Assist WRI energy team with literature reviews and qualitative or quantitative analysis.
- Lead / Assist with project relevant blog posts and other communication documents
- Represent WRI’s work in the clean energy domain at internal / external meetings and workshops
- Assist in the organizing of internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences and other dissemination activities
- Ensure timely submission of deliverables and regular reporting (as may be required) to donors
- Ensure that projects are well managed and that we are on track to meeting expectations from stakeholders and delivering project outcomes
Qualifications and requirements we seek:
- Appropriate Master’s degree in any energy, renewable energy, economics, engineering, law or development related discipline with exposure to the subject area of Energy/Environmental Economics.
- At least three years of relevant experience in energy/ power sector in a business, consulting or regulatory setting
- Demonstrated track record of excellent project management and delivering results
- Strong commitment to and understanding of the environmental and socio-economic development movement and sustainability issues
- Fluency in English. Ability to converse in Hindi and other regional language(s) will be an added advantage
- Additional experience in energy finance, water sector, energy governance will be considered favorably
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and internet research
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams of individuals and colleagues
- Flexibility to travel as required
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong research and analytical skills, supported by professional experience in the domain of electricity markets, corporate energy procurement, renewable energy purchase/procurement processes
- Experience in structuring open access and rooftop solar transactions is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of the electricity sector (with a focus on utilities), power sector policy development processes and governmental functioning is necessary
- Experience with utility regulatory environment is a bonus
- Proficiency in software programs like Python, R, Stata is an added advantage
- Willingness to learn new tools and modelling techniques to contribute to the on-going/new research projects
- Knowledge of international development, global energy and climate policy issues is an advantage
- Good communications skill supported by a portfolio of articulations, e.g., writings and speaking engagements related to electricity/energy domain
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively in conversation and writing, including professional quality writing for policy and communications products
- Strong ability to brainstorm and think creatively about all elements of their work.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others; to demonstrate flexibility in fulfilling assignments.
Salary and Benefits: 6,50,000 to 7,50,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: : Term hire till Nov 2023 (which is extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.