Senior Project Coordinator
The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), first announced in 2013, seeks to support the construction of infrastructure worth hundreds of billions of dollars across multiple countries along the Belt and Road. Ensuring that the BRI channels capital toward low-carbon and environmentally sustainable technologies and projects and avoids locking in high-carbon infrastructure is a top priority for WRI, particularly in relation to WRI’s role in the BRI International Green Development Coalition initiated by the China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment.
To support the above work, we seek a project coordination manager to provide project coordination, administrative, and communication support for the team. We require excellent attention to detail, good understanding of team dynamics, goal-oriented, excellent interpersonal skills and coordination ability, strong time and priority management abilities, and some understanding of political economy context of the BRI.
- Assist Project Director and WRI’s Senior Advisor, including coordinating meetings and travels, preparing presentation materials and providing admin supports.
- Maintain partner relationship with key authorities and related organizations by conducting engagement activities at multiple levels domestically and globally.
- Support coordination meetings with external partners on progress and next-step work plan.
- Coordinate communication activities on behalf of BRI program with Communication teams.
- Draft project communication materials and translate formal/informal documents, such as press release, blogs, online articles, brochures, etc.
- Support on-site events, workshops, conferences and other communication and engagement activities of the program.
- Work closely with communication teams to enhance the visibilities of the program’s social media outlets.
- Others as requested.
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant fields, preferably in English, communications, public administration, international development, or a related field) with an excellent academic record.
- Three to five years of experience in similar capacity.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passionate to work with people across all levels and with different cultures.
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and values.
- Prior engagement on environmental and/or international development focus area is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and other collaborative work platforms.
Position reports to: BRI Project Director
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Beijing, China