LEAD – PROGRAM CO-ORDINATOR
LEAD – PROGRAM CO-ORDINATOR
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
About your role:
Recognizing the need for more proactive climate action, WRI India, in partnership with the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), UNEP, the Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation and the Indian School of Business (ISB), proposes to implement a capacity development program aimed at building a pool of 4000 – 5000 “Leaders” in Climate Change Management. The program will target mid-career professionals in government, corporates, and other sectors, to lead climate action on the ground.
The program will use a unique, “learning by doing” pedagogy that is well suited to mid career practitioners, who cannot get away from their place of work for long and need flexibility in the timings of the learning events. It will use a blended learning approach combining online learning with face-to-face events. It will also combine flexible schedules with fixed schedules.
It is expected that the first year will largely go towards developing the learning material and marketing the program. Actual roll out should happen from year 2 onwards. The program is expected to run for 5 years, with possibility for extension based on a review of its performance.
To lead this effort, WRI India is looking to hire a program Coordinator:
Should be an experienced Program Coordinator who will supervise the development and roll-out of this programme and own its overall success. Candidate will be required to manage a team to develop appropriate content and delivery mechanisms,
The role will be overseen by the CEO of WRI India and advisory group comprising representatives from the partner organizations.
The role requires past experience in training and capacity building, programme coordination, excellent organization skills, and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external to WRI India.
How your day will unfold:
- Plan the Programme from start to completion, setting deadlines, milestones and processes. Schedule and organize meetings/events to support this goal. Anchor progress reports / strategic planning for the Programme with senior management.
- Oversee (and if required, hire) a team to develop training content and set up platforms for delivery. This would include collating in-house content, sourcing content externally, developing the appropriate pedagogy and identifying the right platform (online/ offline) to engage participants.
- Support the development of marketing material, fund-raising collateral and any other communications and outreach material for the programme
- Develop evaluation metrics to monitor effectiveness of the programme and address gaps.
- Develop and approve budgets and operational plans. Track expenditure and be responsible for all required paperwork and records.
- Raise funds for implementation from different sources
- Coordinate with delivery partners and other stakeholders
- Identify ways to enhance efficiency of processes and team productivity. Ensure program operations adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Monitor the effectiveness and impact of the program, to identify areas for improvement and expansion.
Qualifications and requirements we seek:
- Proven experience in leading and implementing training and capacity building projects
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Graduate in any discipline with 10 - 15 years of experience.
Salary and Benefits: 20,00,000 to 24,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: Full-time, term hire for a period of two years which is extendable at the discretion of WRI India
Location: New Delhi
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.