Program Associate - Road Safety & Urban Transport
Program Associate - Road Safety & Urban Transport
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your Role:
WRI India is looking for a bright & hardworking urban designer to join our Road Safety & Urban Transport team as a project associate in Bengaluru. This individual will primarily support street design, neighbourhood planning & road safety projects. The individual will work closely with their supervisor.How your day will unfold:
•• Undertaking site-visits for recce surveys, documentation, collecting primary and secondary data in the form of mobility patterns, volume counts, road safety inspections, crash profile, etc.
• Supporting safer street interventions in the city through data analysis, design development and preparation of project proposals, reports and presentations related to projects.
• Preparation of conceptual design drawings, detailed technical drawings, illustrations, and other project-related content.
• Perform cost estimates, quantity estimates and material specifications
• Engagement with stakeholders at various stages and contributing to the contextual design approach.
• Support research and analysis required for specific aspects of the projects and preparation of internal and external communications pieces
Qualifications and requirements we seek:
• Post-graduation in Urban Design and graduation in Architecture from a recognized university/institution.
• Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in a relevant field.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, basic 3D modelling, GIS, Adobe Creative Suite is required.
• Familiarity and past experience with street and junction design, NMT planning, road safety.
• Familiarity and past experience with data collection, research & analysis will be an advantage.
• Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have strong spatial and land-use comprehension as well as excellent visual communication abilities.
• Excellent academic performance and strong analytical capability.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly both orally and in writing, with excellent demonstrated skills in English.
• Basic proficiency in Kannada will be an advantage.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented; experience managing complex processes or projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced working environment and to juggle multiple assignments with little supervision.
Salary and Benefits: 8,00,000 to 9,00,000 PA
Duration: 6 months (Term Hire, Extendable based on project requirements and performance )
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing samples
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.