Contract: Investment Specialist, P4G
WRI intends to award a consultant a Select Contract contract through December 2022 (with possibility of renewal subject to new funding) for work
supporting the P4G Director of Investments in identifying, assessing and advising on investments in partnerships projects working across five key areas: food and agriculture, water, energy, cities and circular economy. You will also lead multi-disciplinary discussions with professionals who have expertise in the regions or sectors. You will contribute to building and expanding strategic relationship with potential investors. The overall goal of the position holder is to maximize impact of P4G’s support and eco-system on delivering solutions that partnerships are pursuing and contribute to executing strategies developed to support partnerships achieving financial sustainability. You will be a dynamic member of a small team of staff and consultants. You have experience in working on either venture capital deals, structured financing or project financing.
This consultant must be based in and have the right to legally work in one of the P4G partner countries (Bangladesh, Chile, Colombia, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, South Africa, and Vietnam), with a preference for Colombia, Indonesia, and Kenya.
P4G – Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 – accelerates pioneering market-based partnerships to build sustainable and resilient economies. We invest in impact to deliver inclusive and tangible solutions to build back better and greener to meet the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement.
Position Scope of Work
- Assessment of current and prospective partnership business plans and financial projections as well as follow up support for readiness for commercial operations.
- Complete review of business environment, policy, and regulatory framework as well as stakeholder mapping in select geographies and sectors.
- Coordinate and implement investors sessions for partnerships ready with investment memoranda and manage investor relationships.
- Conduct due-diligence of investment memoranda and pitch-deck prepared by partnership financial advisor(s)
- Prepare summaries of partnerships ready or nearly ready for securing investment for presentation to financial institutions and other investors
- Conduct research on the investment framework for target investors/financial institutions and innovative financial structures, including blended finance structure.
- 3 years minimum professional experience in relevant field
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 year equivalent) in related field
- Experienced with financial modeling for venture capital or structured financing
- Familiarity with the complexities of operating business and delivering solutions in emerging economies and least developed countries
- Strong financial, credit and risk assessment skills; demonstrated understanding about a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity, blended investments)
- Skilled at working in a multi-stakeholder environment and bridging diverging views among stakeholders
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with others and with the highest standards of integrity
How to Apply:
Please Submit a Cover Letter and Resume
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges , and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.