As the HR Information Systems (HRIS)/Benefits Coordinator, you will work with our Human Resources team to share new ideas and follow them through to implementation at our growing, mission-focused, results-oriented organization. To be successful in this entry-level role, you will have knowledge and interest in HRIS and employee benefits with a strong interest in performing administrative and customer service (employee-focused) tasks. You will also bring a passion for our mission, an eagerness to work and learn in a fast-paced environment, as well as have a deadline-focused lens, keen eye for detail, impressive organization skills and a great attitude.
- Assume responsibility for HRIS maintenance and ensuring database accurately reflects all staff enrollments and changes in all benefit plans (medical, dental, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care Accounts, Pension, and any other benefits)
- Process payroll in ADP system
- Assist with advising staff with answers to benefits questions; trouble shooting and resolving issues; and benefit claims assistance
- Assist with processing HSA transmittals, all claims, and billing
- Ensure all vendor bills are paid on timely basis and audit accuracy of invoices and billing
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process including employee communications and informational meetings
- Ensure compliance with all relevant labor laws
- Oversee the tuition reimbursement program
- Support all HR onboarding facilitation and training for new staff
- Facilitate onboarding for new staff including paperwork processing and data entry for all benefits vendors
- Process and maintain staff personnel files and forms
- Assist with ensuring compliance and communicating with the programs and respective staff
- Assist Benefits & Compensation Manager with HR budget documentation and reconciliation
- Maintain HRIS database; generate reports from database as necessary
- Performs other human resource / administration projects and functions as needed and show consistent familiarity and willingness to help with WRI specific HR processes
- One+ years of relevant HR work experience, preferably in HRIS and benefits and/or compensation administration
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related experience
- Advanced proficiency in ADP, HR information systems, Microsoft Office and SharePoint preferred
- Knowledge of US labor laws relating to employee benefits
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with numbers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with individuals across all levels and functions
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work independently
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- International benefits experience preferred
- US work authorization is required for all WRI US opportunities. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application submission. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $120 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.