Consultant – Sustainable and Regenerative Agriculture
Consultant – Sustainable and Regenerative Agriculture, Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
WRI India’s Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration program aims to inform India’s transition towards sustainable food and land use systems. The focus of the work is to develop strategies around protecting, maintaining, and restoring forest and agricultural landscapes to secure livelihoods of 700 million people directly dependent on forests and agriculture and strengthen India’s environmental well-being.
WRI India is working with Food and Land Use Coalition (FOLU) platform in India to develop strategies to enable a transition of Indian agriculture towards more sustainable and regenerative practices at the landscape level in three states. WRI India is looking for an exceptional candidate to support the work to be undertaken in one district in Maharashtra, which it is leading.
- Support the development of research framework and data collection tools towards development of strategies and landscape level implementation plans with focus on sustainable and regenerative agricultural interventions.
- Support the data collection and analysis at the landscape level.
- To support the team in carrying out literature review, data analyses and subsequent documentation on different aspects of sustainable and regenerative practices and policies.
- To support the team in stakeholder interactions whenever necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in agriculture, natural sciences, environmental sciences, or any related disciplines.
- Up to 3 year of work experience.
- Familiarity with data collection, research and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal/ written/ communication skills
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hindi is essential. Fluency in spoken and written Marathi preferable.
- Basic proficiency in Marathi/Hindi will be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced working environment and to juggle multiple assignments with little supervision.
Duration: 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.