Intern, Partnerships, P4G
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, and other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually-driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
P4G brings together business, government, and civil society organizations in innovative public-private partnerships to advance solutions to help meet humanity’s greatest needs in food and agriculture, water, energy, cities and circular economy.
We are working to accelerate and scale new public-private partnerships for sustainable growth in developing countries. P4G offers facilitation, funding and recognition to help partnerships grow and become global models for sustainable solutions.
P4G also promotes partnerships and influences the green growth agenda by rallying leaders from governments, cities, businesses, academia and civil society in high-level biennial Summits.
Partner countries include: Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, South Korea, and Vietnam. Partner organizations include: World Resources Institute, C40 Cities, Global Green Growth Institute, International Finance Corporation, and the World Economic Forum. National platforms in partner countries anchor national interventions and implementation.
Additional information about P4G can be found at www.p4gpartnerships.org.
This full-time internship is based at P4G’s Global Hub hosted at the World Resources Institute in Washington, D.C. You will work primarily with P4G’s Partnerships Team and will also work in coordination with P4G’s Operations and Engagement Teams.
As part of this internship, you will gain experience in stakeholder management, project administration, data management and M&E (monitoring and evaluation) in a high-profile international initiative. You will play an active role in the implementation of P4G’s partnership facilitation and funding and support the selection process for finalists and potential applicants.
In 2018, P4G selected 24 partnerships from a pool of 400+ applications received in the first call for concept notes. P4G funding for partnerships ranges from under $100,000 to up to $1 million. The second cohort of P4G partnerships will be selected in 2019.
The intern will gain experience in the following areas:
- Stakeholder engagement. Coordinate meetings and email exchanges to ensure regular engagement with funded partnerships, finalists, potential applicants, and other stakeholders.
- Data management and Monitoring & Evaluation. Organize information submitted by selected partnerships and partnership applicants. Track partnerships’ quarterly progress updates and deliverables, as well as opportunities to accelerate partnerships. Aggregate data for program-wide reporting. Assist in analysis of data as necessary.
- Project administration. Assist in the administration of the application review process and ongoing partnership support activities. Prepare briefings and materials for stakeholders such as P4G country partners, partner organizations, and Board.
- Planning and logistics. Prepare materials for Partnerships Team presentations and meetings.
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently and with the highest standards of integrity
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and oral communication skills
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Commitment to P4G’s mission, values, and approach regarding climate issues
- Adaptability to rapidly changing priorities and ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines and competing demands
General Internship Requirements
- Applicants must have personal health insurance coverage.
- U.S. work authorization is required for this opportunity. WRI does not sponsor interns for visas.
This is a paid internship.
This is a six-month (24 week) internship.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered. A cover letter explaining your interest and fit for the position is required. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.