Project Coordinator Food and Land Program
World Resources Institute China office (WRI China) is seeking a Project Coordinator to the China Food and Land Program. The Project Coordinator will play an integral role in ensuring smooth operation and administration of program, including financial management, grants and contracts coordination, donor reporting requirements, communications and engagement, administrative tasks, event organization, monitoring and evaluation, and other administrative functions.
- Manage program/project budget and spending, including create, manage, and update project budgets, and review and track project expenses.
- Manage sub-agreements and payments, ensure all paperwork is up to date and that payments are made in timely manner.
- Manage grants and contracts to ensure compliance with funders’ requirements.
- Coordinate program outreach and communication, including events, publications, press releases, blogs, etc.
- Assist in project planning and reporting processes, including by drafting annual project plans and quarterly project and financial reports.
- Manage program internships, including hiring and day-to-day management.
- Coordinate project monitoring and evaluation to track and report project outputs and outcomes.
- Assist in fundraising tasks, including proposal tracking, project proposal preparation, and more general donor stewardship.
- Support the project team on other administrative matters such as travel arrangement, project meetings, report publication and others as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record
- Minimum 1-year work experience on project management
- Excellent oral and written Chinese and English
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in an organized, clear, and articulate manner
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet research
- Willingness to travel and attend to conference calls during non-business hours
- Demonstrated capacity to work well under pressure with competing demands
- Proactive, results focused, strong team spirits, and ability to handle multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and institutional values
Final candidate will be required to take a writing test.
Starting Date: ASAP
Location: Beijing, China
Salary and Benefits: Competitive compensation will be offered commensurate with qualifications
To Apply: Qualified applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal (www.wri.org/careers) to be considered. Both Chinese and English resumes are required. Please include a cover letter with your application.
Application Deadline: Open till filled.
The World Resources Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability.
Established in 1982, WRI is a non-profit501(c)(3) organization respected globally by policymakers, non-governmental organizations, and corporate leaders.
WRI’s reputation is grounded in its excellent analysis, non-partisan approach, and high-impact results. We measure our success based on how our work helps to create real-world change on the ground—and approach we call “Managing for Results.”
WRI’s work is united by and driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI fosters a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org and www.wri.org.cn.