Contract: Digital Communications Specialist, P4G
WRI intends to award a consultant a Select Contract contract through December 2022 (with possibility of renewal subject to new funding) for work in supporting communications strategies for WRI's P4G program. We’re looking for a creative and driven Communications Specialist to shape and implement our communications strategies across our materials and social platforms. In this role, you will be our primary social media and website lead with 50% of your workload devoted to social strategy and implementation and 20% devoted to website strategy and implementation. You will work closely with our communications team to drive our social media strategy and develop social media content including compelling graphics and share it across our platforms. You will be responsible for developing a website strategy, keeping the website updated, and for helping coordinate our events. This position will help you apply and develop your strengths in writing, strategy, analysis and audience engagement. The ideal candidate for this position is a creative professional who is familiar developing social media strategy, social media management tools and graphic design. Our mission to provide inclusive solutions to developing countries must resonate with you and you must be a self-starter who will bring ambitious ideas to our dynamic and collaborative team.
The successful candidate for this position must be based in and have the right to legally work in Bogota, Colombia.
To reach a net zero future and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, we need to leverage investments into solutions that can be scaled in developing countries. P4G is a global platform pioneering market-based partnerships to deliver sustainable economic and climate impact in developing countries. We mobilize a global network of 12 partner countries to develop and unlock investment opportunities for more than 50+ partnerships working in our five focus areas: food and agriculture, water, energy, cities and circular economy.
Position Scope of Work
- Development of P4G’s social media strategy and maintenance of P4G’s social media platforms.
- Provide communications support for P4G events and identify additional opportunities to share our key messages with our audience across social platforms.
- Develop a website strategy to draw audiences to P4G’s website and manage day-to-day updates
- Manage P4G’s external event communications strategy (manage invitation lists, drafting invitation templates, event promotion, etc.)
- Create comprehensive digital toolkits which contain key messages and compelling social assets.
- Create sets of simple graphics for presentations, social media, events etc. with the support of the P4G Communications team.
- Manage P4G’s general inbox
- Attend P4G events and prepare write-ups for the website and social media synthesizing key themes and messages
Required Consultant Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of experience in communications or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Environmental Studies, or related field
- Bilingual speaker preferred with strong writing skills in English and Spanish across various formats including newsletters, social media, website, blogs and op-eds
- Experience with social media management platforms such as Hootsuite
- Excellent visual skills to develop compelling graphics across materials
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality products under pressure
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multicultural team spread across multiple countries
- Experience with content management systems (e.g., Drupal) and email marketing platforms such as Pardot
- Experience creating short, compelling videos for social media
- Experience with Google Analytics
Please submit a cover letter with resume
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges , and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.