Associate - Botnar Safer Mobility for Youth
Associate - Botnar Safer Mobility for Youth, Rohtak, Haryana
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
Position Overview :
WRI globally, has deep experience in the road safety sector and is widely recognized as a leader on this issue. In India, we have a multi-pronged road safety strategy that looks strategically at directing our tools, research, expertise, and partnerships in ensuring safe roads for all.
WRI India is looking for a candidate to assist in the delivery of the Safer Mobility for Youth project in Rohtak, Haryana.
The candidate will undertake and oversee specific responsibilities as are listed below.
- Coordination with the local administration, police, engineering departments, and other government offices/departments involved in road safety
- Coordination with educational institutes for focused group discussions, mobility surveys and other project activities with youth
- Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects and anchor partner engagement activities
- Assist in primary data collection, compilation, analysis and visualization
- Preparation of necessary drawings, reports, presentations, graphics, etc.
- Assistance in conducting community awareness, capacity building programs and workshops.
- Assist the team in timely delivery of activities as outlined in the project.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 year of experience working in the field of Street Design, Road/Highway engineering, Road safety or Urban/Transport Planning or similar fields
- Bachelors’ Degree (or higher) in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Planning.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is a must. (Reading and Writing)
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD is must.
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite and ArcGIS is preferred
- General awareness of road safety will be preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as the ability to collaborate with other stakeholders on project delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Rohtak, Haryana, India
Number of positions: 2
To Apply :
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae of no more than 2 A4 sized pages detailing academic and relevant experience.
- A sample of research-based writing that demonstrates analytical capabilities. This could be a paper or a dissertation chapter.
- A 2-4-page summary of the above sample of research-based writing targeted for a general (non-technical) audience.
- Names and contact details of two referees who can attest to the capabilities of the applicant.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.