Head - Electric Vehicles (Policy & Infrastructure), Sustainable Cities
Head - Electric vehicles (Policy & Infrastructure), Sustainable Cities
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being. The India Resources Trust has a license from WRI to use the trademark “WRI India”.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 400 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
The selected candidate will undertake tasks related to urban transport - facilitate data analysis, improving bus operations, use of data from Intelligent Transport System (ITS), work on Bus Rapid Transit Systems, Electric buses, developing research ideas around bus reforms, manage multiple stakeholders, capacity building and sensitization of urban transport to various stakeholders. The candidate will anchor urban transport in Delhi to work to inform targeted audiences. The role will also require working in teams to design research, develop hypotheses and an analytical framework. As part of this role the candidate will help disseminate knowledge and research findings, communicating the same to relevant stakeholders through various platforms (workshops, events, blogs, news articles, op-eds, etc.)
The candidate actively take up development activities such as identifying and writing proposals, engaging with partners and other opportunities in Development, Transport, Public Policy, Economic Development and Governance. The candidate will be required to independently manage research projects, resources, fundraising, stakeholder engagement, travel and represent WRI at various national and international platforms.
The candidate will handle a range of program responsibilities. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
Program Development and Coordination
- Perform analysis, produce project reports and presentations on topical areas
- Collaborate and work with to advance publications
- Work closely with the transport team to identify opportunities for impactful research
- Identify and write grant proposals, contribute to proposals and development efforts on program fundraising goal
Outreach and Communications
- Produce material to communicate WRI India’s Cities work in India and globally, including analytical content to non-technical audiences, media, and existing and prospective funders
- Attend and present work at national and international workshops, conferences, seminars as necessary
Research and Knowledge
- Identify research gaps, cultivate ideas and author or co-author knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data-products) around bus transport
- Liaise with experts in India, global experts, and researchers to facilitate development of high quality research
- Design and hold periodic seminars for capacity building and solicit input and feedback on the same
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Sustainable Development, Engineering, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Transport, Economic Development or a related discipline.
- Approximately 12+ years of highly relevant, full-time work experience. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing, with fluency in English.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to understand and transfer skills and knowledge to a breadth of specialty areas
- Ability to independently lead, design and draft research proposals and studies
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build a strong network of professional relationships
- Comfort working with staff at all levels of experience
- Ability to travel when needed
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Bangalore/ Mumbai/ New Delhi, India
Start date: As soon as possible
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.