HEAD OF RESEARCH - SUSTAINABLE CITIES INDIA
HEAD OF RESEARCH- SUSTAINABLE CITIES INDIA
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
WRI India is looking for a Head of research who will be managing data analysis and technical research for sustainable cities India program.
- Conduct high-quality, actionable research by providing guidance on research design, data interpretation, analytical issues, and effective writing
- Co-author, support staff to document and publish the change stories and research building on their work in Cities
- Create a strong culture of research excellence in WRI India Ross Center
- Build partnerships within academia and external subject matter experts to bring in all-round perspectives
- Ensure all knowledge products are developed to meet WRI’s quality standards and are designed to deliver actionable results.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidate should have an advanced degree in Urban planning, Engineering, Public Policy or Economics. PhD is preferred.
- 8-12 years of professional experience in writing, publishing research on urban agendas.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Delhi/ Mumbai/ Bangalore, India
Start date: At the earliest
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter/ Resume/ Writing Sample/ Reports/
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.