Consultant for Behaviour and Marketing Analyst
The overall objective of the recently-established Sustainability & Emissions Initiative is to transform the behaviors of individuals and organizations to be more aware of their negative environmental impact, act upon it and could scale up their positive contribution for the current and future societies. WRI Indonesia will achieve this through working together with governments, businesses and communities, by integrating environmental emission monitoring processes and systems into their current development mindsets and value chains. The outcomes include improved sustainability capacities in terms of reducing and offsetting emissions through accountable participatory approaches.
The Consultant will provide expert recommendations for WRI clients/partners to effectively implement sustainable behavior change strategies for their internal employees and external customers, so that at least emissions are better managed. The Consultant is expected to conduct tailored analytical research and project implementation support for unique stakeholder needs. While the scope of work mainly focuses on urban citizens and organizational context, the contents are purposed for both public and private benefits. Though positioned in Jakarta with the mega-city as a pilot area, the Consultant’s work will also be relevant to other provinces and cities. He/she will be working together with the Sustainability Champions Team and Emissions Offsetting Team at WRI Indonesia.
Knowledge & Research Work (70%)
- Design and implement scientific behavioral research relevant to the sustainability and emissions platform.
- Analyze improvement opportunities and change management process relevant individual and organizational behavior.
- Co-author client expose scientific documents, mainly on the technical side.
- Facilitate meetings and trainings with various stakeholders.
Project Coordination & Stakeholder Engagement (30%)
- Support project organizing and monitoring with WRI internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Assist the maintenance and growth of WRI’s collaboration with private companies, government agencies, academic institutions and public communities/organizations pertaining to sustainability and emissions.
- Closely engage with relevant WRI researchers, operations and business support teams at national or regional level.
- Implemented minimum one behavioral change project for current stakeholders/partners
- Drafted one proposal for potential research relevant to overall project’s objective.
- Updated internal sustainability and emissions tool specifically to tailor behavioral shift aspects.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Psychology, Marketing, Public Relations, Management/Business or related field from a reputable institution is required.
- Minimum two years of research experience in behaviors and change management at macro and micro levels.
- Direct hands-on experience working with private companies, government institutions, international organization, civil society organizations (CSO) and public society.
- Good conduct of data processing in MS Excel, writing analysis in MS Word and communicating ideas in MS PowerPoint.
- Good inter-personal skills and oral communication for working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- High attention to details and is well structured for both substance and administrative work.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team player.
- Creative in solving issues with urgency in becoming innovative, while maintaining independence from interests.
- Capable in multi-tasking, setting priorities and working under pressure.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Minimum two years of professional qualitative and quantitative research project experience.
- Proficiency in problem solving processes toward achieving marketing excellence in mobility industry.
- Experienced in information technology, mobile applications and social media.
This position will be started as soon as possible, with initial duration of contract until at least 31 December 2019 with high possibility of extension upon performance, project structure and budget availability.
Terms of Payment
Daily rate consultant with maximum 16 (sixteen) working days per month.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Consultant rate: Consultant rate is commensurate with experience and skills.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 16 August 2019. We will close the advert earlier when best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect. The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.
Last Date Modified: 6-Nov-18
Modified By: TM. Utama