Consultant – Streets For All, Sustainable Cities And Transport
Consultant – Streets for all, Sustainable Cities And Transport
What is WRI India?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
A substantial engagement of the Streets For All program in India focuses on improving road safety in the country through provision of safe infrastructure, capacity building and community awareness. The program aims to brought about change through interventions like street design, intersection design, tactical urbanism, creating public spaces and campaigns like Raahgiri day, Equal Streets, Car Free Day etc. The current objective of the program is to bring about a paradigm change in approach i.e. from car-oriented design to people-oriented design of cities. The candidate will support the Streets for all countrywide Program under the cities and transport strategy
The candidate will undertake and oversee a range of responsibilities for the Streets For All team as are listed below.
- Design development of the safer street interventions in various cities.
- Collecting primary and secondary data in the form of mobility patterns, volume counts, road safety inspections, crash profile, etc.
- Compilation and analysis of the collected data.
- Continuous Engagement with all the stakeholders and contributing to the contextual design approach.
- Preparation of necessary drawings, reports, presentations, graphics, 3 D visualization etc.
- Assistance in conducting community awareness, capacity building programs and workshops.
- Support the “Streets For All Program” Team.
- Support the preparation of internal and external communications of the projects.
- Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects and anchor partner engagement activities.
- Support concepts and design process with research.
Required Attributes and Credentials:
- Post-graduation in the field of Urban Design/planning and graduation in Architecture.
- 3-5 years of work experience in road safety /city design/street design.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign/illustrator, MS Office and 3d modelling software is a requirement.
- Efficient to work on working drawings and construction details.
- Inclined towards sustainability, place making and citizen engagement.
- Familiarity with specific needs of the vulnerable road users.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, think creatively, work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 12 Months
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.