Associate, Food and Land Use Coalition China WRI CHINA
On-line applications are required.
In the event of technical difficulties, please email Jie.email@example.com with your resume and cover letter, Jie will help you to submit on-line.
The Food and Land Use Coalition (FOLU) seeks to accelerate a transformation of the world’s food and land use systems to better protect our natural environment; provide nutritious and affordable food; strengthen resilience and enhance prosperity; and meet the SDGs and the Paris Agreement. FOLU aims to provide the practical connections, the evidence base for action and a vision for change to drive a food and land use system transformation. We do this by:
- Partnering with those best-placed to develop and deliver messages regarding food and land use systems transformation within a given political economy;
- Working with national partners to develop compelling, evidence-based analyses, strategic land-use planning frameworks, pathways towards sustainable land-use and food systems, and policy recommendations; and
- Creating platforms and partnership models to encourage multi-stakeholder collaboration, both nationally and globally. Food Systems Dialogues are one potential platform for engagement.
FOLU is seeking a full-time Associate to help establish a FOLU Platform in China and deepen the Coalition’s ongoing work through the FABLE Consortium. The Associate will serve as a focal point for the FOLU Coalition, within China and with the growing global network. The Associate will be housed in World Resources Institute (WRI) China office in Beijing.
With an initial 2-year program of strategic engagement and in-depth country work through to the end of 2020, the full-time FOLU China Associate will:
- Establish a network of partner institutions, building on the group of organizations already deeply involved in the FABLE Consortium modelling;
- Work with local partners and the core FOLU Partners to establish and coordinate a research program that would help make the political, economic, and social case for change, building in particular on the long-term transformation pathways developed by members of the FABLE Consortium;
- Engage the Chinese government, civil society, the private sector, researchers and other stakeholders (spanning agriculture, nutrition and health, biodiversity, climate change, and other dimensions of food systems and land-use systems) on how to design and implement long-term strategies towards sustainable food systems and land use;
- Create platforms, partnerships and events which enable FOLU-relevant messages and analysis to reach influential stakeholders and inspires action-oriented outcomes; contribute to the growing international FOLU community and its work streams, e.g. the FOLU Global Report, international meetings, and sharing resources and promoting learning;
- Fundraise to continue and expand the FOLU work in China.
- Chinese national based in China
- Masters or equivalent degree
- At least 7 years’ experience within government, NGOs, academia and/or private sector dealing with strategy, multi-stakeholder, and policy engagements
- Detailed relevant policy experience, preferably in the food and land-use space
- Expert in advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with a focus on strategic challenges
- Strong social and relationship management skills, highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial style with strong track record in developing new initiatives
- Full fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and English
- Significant experience in writing proposals and donor liaison work
Final candidate will be required to take a writing test.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Location: Beijing, China
To Apply: Qualified applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered. Please include a cover letter with your application.
Application Deadline: Open till filled.