Project Associate - Operations
Project Associate - Operations, WRI India
What is WRII?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
The Energy Program in India is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented and organized individual to support its operational and administrative activities. In this role, you will work on maintaining budgets for complex and multi-faceted grants, tracking expenditures, monitoring contracts and sub-agreements, event management, and other administrative, operational, and support tasks as needed.
Financial Management (30%):
- Update and maintain project budgets utilizing WRI’s budgeting and forecasting software (TM1)
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to maintain the accuracy of budget forecasting and minimize variance from planned targets.
- Actively coordinate and collaborate with the accounting team, payments team, HR and other program teams.
- Coordinate with the Energy program team for completion of timesheets, expense reporting, etc.
- Coordinates with project teams to support their ad hoc financial expenditures for outreach, communication/engagement and delivery efforts
- Ensures team compliance with terms and conditions of complex grant and contract agreements
Contracts Management (30%):
- Process documentation for agreements, contracts, subgrants, work authorizations, and purchase orders;
- Monitor performance against contract requirements;
- Work with partners to help them understand and meet subgrant and contract requirements;
- Maintain supporting reports throughout the duration of contracts and subgrants;
- Process invoices and payments for partners in compliance with WRI’s policies;
- Provides guidance to partner organizations and consultants to ensure their compliance with funder policies, while proactively and professionally communicating with partners and consultants.
Conference, Event & Travel Support (20% time)
- Coordinate conference and event logistics for domestic and international workshops, including venue and catering, equipment/translators etc.;
- Provide travel and visa support to the team;
- Supports teams with financial management for conference and event logistics as needed, including participant travel
Administration (20% time)
- Coordinates and schedules team meetings and assists in coordination of team’s annual planning processes
- Update and maintain new hire staffing information with operations
- Coordinate recruitment and manage onboarding of new staff members and interns, if needed;
- Manage various program, department, and organizational trackers
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- Two+ years of relevant, full-time work experience, preferably in financial management, budgeting, administration, or nonprofit operations
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Attention to deadlines particularly with regard to grant compliance and monitoring subgrant and contract relationships
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality, timelines, and organizational systems
- Strong writing, database management, and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to work well in a team
- Strong computer skills including high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), web-based communications (Skype, Zoom), and CRM database (Salesforce).
- Budgeting experience with Excel, or other budgeting software is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Bangalore, India
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 Year which may be extended based on performance
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.