Grant and Contract Specialist Green BRI Project
The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), first announced in 2013, seeks to support the construction of infrastructure worth hundreds of billions of dollars across multiple countries along the Belt and Road. Ensuring that the BRI channels capital toward low-carbon and environmentally sustainable technologies and projects and avoids locking in high-carbon infrastructure is a top priority for WRI, particularly in relation to WRI’s role in the BRI International Green Development Coalition initiated by the China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment.
To support the above work, we seek a Grant and Contract Specialist to provide direct support in the areas of grants and contracts management and administration. This will include preparing, processing, reviewing, tracking and updating grant agreements and sub-agreements and other administrative, operational, and support tasks as needed. The Grants and Contract Specialist will work closely with WRI D.C.to ensure contract compliance, financial accountability and smooth project performance.
Grants & Contracts Management (70% of time required)
- Create and maintain sub-agreements with partners, initiate payments, and amend sub-agreements when necessary
- Monitor and manage sub-agreements and payment requests for all subgrants and contracts ensuring all paperwork is up to date and payments are made in timely manner
- Provides guidance to partner organizations and consultants to ensure their compliance with funder policies, while proactively and professionally communicating with partners and consultants
- Monitor partners by reviewing and drafting language for sub-agreements, reviewing interim and final reports and ensuring they have all their supporting documentation, reminding them of deadlines, keeping records of all their documents (financial reports, invoices, receipts etc.)
- Manage BRI project grants to ensure compliance with rules, terms and conditions of complex grant and contract agreements, provide financial report and invoice for funders.
- Submit all grant forms specified by grant requirements over the life of a grant
- Support donor and grants management by keeping database software (Salesforce) up-to-date
Financial Management (20% of time required)
- Generate financial reports from the institute's financial system as required by grant agreements
- Assist project team in project interim and closeout process, including financial reconciliation and reporting
Administration and Operations (10% of time required)
- Manage sub-agreement mapping and various partner performance trackers
- Support teams with financial management for conference and event logistics as needed, including participant travel
- Supply other administrative support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in law, management, English, public administration, international development, communications, or a related field) with an excellent academic record
- Minimum 8 years of relevant, full-time work experience, preferably in contract management, compliance, or nonprofit operations
- Attention to deadlines particularly with regard to grant compliance and monitoring subgrant and contract relationships
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality, timelines, and organizational systems
- Excellent oral and written Chinese and English, and outstanding inter-personal skills
- Ability to write in an organized, clear, and articulate manner
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office, web-based communications (Skype, Zoom, etc.), and internet research
- Strong team spirits, and ability to handle multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and institutional values.
Final candidate will be required to take a writing test.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Location: Beijing, China
Application deadline: [Date]
How to Apply: [standard language]