MANAGER – INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
MANAGER – INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
About your role:
We are looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to anchor the development of curricula that is suitable for the target audience, by coordinating with in-house and external domain experts, creating a pedagogy framework and managing the quality of content and delivery. The role would include creating guidance and offering training to course instructors to conduct sessions.
This role will work with a Programme Coordinator in a small core team, to develop high-quality training content and support the delivery of the sessions using appropriate technology solutions.
How your day will unfold:
- Work with domain experts to determine learning needs, create learning objectives and match content to these objectives.
- Create a pedagogy framework and structure content and learning activities in line with this framework. This could be developed independently, working with in-house domain experts or in collaboration with external partners.
- Work with other members of the core team to match curricula with the appropriate learning platform, either online or offline.
- Create learning environments and experiences, manage online learning communities as these develop.
- Set standards to ensure that content and delivery mechanisms are re-assessed and modified at regular intervals to address evolving needs and to maintain best practices in instructional design.
- Develop instructors’ manuals, rubrics, and other training tools for course trainers to deliver high quality sessions. Also train the trainers on learning techniques as needed.
Qualifications and Skills we seek:
- Knowledge of instructional theory, including assessment
- Proficiency with learning management systems (LMS). Familiarity with course management systems, such as Blackboard. Experience with design platforms, such as InDesign
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Graduate in any discipline with 7-10 years of experience.
Salary and Benefits: 15,00,000 to 18,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: Full-time, term hire for two years to begin with and extendable
Location: New Delhi
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.