Senior Technical Architect
Senior Technical Architect
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
WP Engine's Headless platform builds on our success in WordPress to support the most dynamic, sophisticated, and performant digital experiences out there. As a Senior Technical Architect supporting this important initiative, you will bring your expertise and experience to design and develop high-scale systems for integrating a number of partner and open-source technologies. You will have direct influence over the technical direction of a significant, strategic project and your work will directly contribute to its success.
What's cool about this job.
Started in Austin, Texas by well-known serial entrepreneur Jason Cohen (@asmartbear), WP Engine has maintained its gutsy startup roots while experiencing dramatic growth. Our growth provides everyone with many opportunities to take on hard problems at scale within a global organization. Yet, we are still small enough for your contributions to have a noticeable impact on the company's future.
We're not content to rest on our success to date — Where the Best Get Better is a core value. Our Headless initiative re-envisions what is possible and gets back to our entrepreneurial roots. It's almost a startup inside WP Engine with a big, bold vision and lots of learning ahead of us.
The day to day.
- Designing scalable systems, minimizing operational burden.
- Designing APIs and SDKs that customers find a joy to use: complete, simple, and intuitive.
- Working with product management to explore the boundary of what's technically possible and meets the needs of our customers.
- Researching and evaluating technologies; developing recommendations for adoption or non-adoption of those technologies.
- Designing, validating, and communicating (writing, drawing, speaking) macro-architecture for engineering teams to reference and develop toward.
- Reviewing designs and code from others; providing constructive feedback.
- Collaborating with partners, both internal and external, to ensure requirements are understood and met by the systems we build.
Your skills and expertise.
- Track record of designing and building scalable software systems using public cloud technologies.
- Expertise in containers and container orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Delivering high quality, customer-facing APIs, in REST or GraphQL.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and natural problem solving ability. You're willing to tackle hard problems, work through ambiguity, and deliver incremental solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to influence peers.
- Passion for working with customers, along with product management, to understand customer needs and arrive at novel solutions.
- Proficient in Go and/or TypeScript programming.
- Experience addressing the unique security and scalability challenges of multi-tenancy and distributed systems.
- Experience integrating with SaaS APIs.
- Experience working in an Agile organization, understanding the importance of incremental delivery and continuous improvement.
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To find out more information about WP Engine, please visit our Careers Page at wpengine.careers!