Senior Software Engineer
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
What's cool about this job.
We are searching for an experienced software engineer to join our fast-growing R&D group in Krakow. We are creating new technology to enable a new generation of websites, powered by WordPress as a CMS, but leveraging modern tools like React and Node.js on the front end. This new platform will empower content producers and developers to build sites that are faster, more dynamic, and more secure than ever before.
We believe our culture is meaningful - we seek to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. If you are great at solving complex problems, a hard worker with excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoy working across different approaches and cultures, you may be the engineer, whom we are looking for!
The day to day.
- Be customer-inspired and work closely with Product Management, Engineering Management, and business partners to incrementally and frequently deliver positive outcomes through technology.
- Work with the team in resolving technical issues and challenges.
- Write clean, maintainable code; improve test coverage, and build deployment pipelines to safely and rapidly push quality code to production.
- Be the active advocate of continuous improvement, provide the input when needed, keep focus on goals and deliverables.
- Be an outstanding teammate to all, no matter location, function, or seniority level.
Your skills and expertise.
- Extensive experience of writing highly scalable distributed cloud software applications.
- Familiarity with GraphQL (and it’s libraries, e.g Apollo)
- Experience in backend development in Go/NodeJS
- Experience in integrating SaaS APIs (e.g., HubSpot, Shopify, etc.).
- Familiarity with distributed systems infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, terraform)
- Proven experience in large scale systems integration
- Natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, a continuous learning attitude, and an eagerness to take on the challenge of big problems
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excels in an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To find out more information about WP Engine, please visit our Careers Page at wpengine.careers!