Technically savvy, with a love for solving problems and customer driven at heart! That is how we describe our Solution Engineers.
We are the leading WordPress technology company, with a global customer base of over 140,000 customers and over 500,000 websites. Our platform consists of thousands of digital assets that span multiple, major cloud providers, and internally, we use hundreds of business applications. We have 1000+ employees in offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Our platform provides brands the solutions they need to build remarkable sites and apps on WordPress that drive their business forward faster. All this is driven by a set of core values that guides us every day.
What's Cool About This Job?
As a Solutions Consultant, you will help close business by providing in-depth, pre-sales technical consultation to potential new customers. You will offer strategic consultation to benefit existing customers. As a collaborative member of our Sales Engineering team you will ensure we work together on an awesome value proposition, educating our clients on the benefits of our platform.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are highly valued in this role, as you will be partnering closely with the sales team. Collaborating with our small to mid market, and medium to large account Sales Reps!
Your Day to Day:
- Communicate technical topics to non-technical individuals with ease, while being highly adaptable in a constantly evolving environment.
- Work closely with our Sales team and customers to identify creative solutions to help grow their business.
- Attend onsite and offsite customer meetings across EMEA as part of the pre-sales process.
- Collaborate with several teams across the organization to communicate platform improvements and feature creation based on customer requirements.
- Attend and lead Internal sales team technical trainings, and frequent collaboration with product and marketing teams.
Your Expertise and Passion:
- You have 3-5 years of customer-facing experience in a technical consulting, systems engineering, or pre-sales engineering role.
- You understand Content Management Systems and have direct experience building, supporting working in a CMS
- Linux web and database server administration experience.
- You are experienced with website optimization, tuning, scaling, and security management
- A solid knowledge of the LAMP stack along with DNS, Nginx, and Varnish
- You have experience with cloud computing (IaaS or PaaS) platforms.
- You have knowledge of architecture and development best practices
- You have a real passion for positive client service and satisfaction.
- Professional verbal and written communication on technical and business topics.
- You are an excellent problem-solver and you have the critical thinking skills desired to be successful.
- You have an ability to manage priorities, goals, and tight deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate current processes and find opportunities to improve.
- Happy to travel for prospects, customers, WordCamps, and other marketing related field events.
Nice to Have:
- Direct selling experience in the PaaS space.
- PHP development experience. Understanding WordPress Codex is a bonus.
- Ability to effectively navigate important questions in a sales environment.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Google, New Relic and CloudFlare.
- Validated technical knowledge along one or more products, specialties, or departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Information Technology or Business field. Experience in lieu of degree always a plus.
The Perks & Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Pension scheme with company match (Make the most of retirement)
- Paid Time Off (25 days holiday)
- Private Health Coverage (100% company paid)
- Life and Disability Insurance (We’ve got your back)
- Lunch 3x days a week
Check us out on social #wpeculture
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
To find out more information about WP Engine, please visit our Careers Page at wpengine.careers!