Director of Human Resources
The largest non-retail authorized UPS® partner and No. 1 largest privately held LTL broker in the country!
Build and sustain relationships with all levels of multiple client groups in the organization to align business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business forward in a growing and changing environment. Effectively influence analysis and decision-making in the areas of leadership, talent management and development, change management, performance management, culture & engagement, and employee relations. Collaborate with all HR groups to diagnose, develop, and deliver solutions to support client groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Support the VP of HR in defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Provide management and supervision of the Culture & Engagement Coordinator to ensure programs and events are aligned with company values and philosophy. Ensure performance standards are established, communicated, and results attained. Ensure development through various cross-training and other developmental opportunities.
- Build and maintain influential relationships by being a business partner with management and an employee advocate.
- Support the goals of the Department through policy development and reinforcement as applicable in areas such as the employee handbook, HR policies and procedures, and HR forms; ensure they are current, in compliance with laws and regulations and are consistently administered and followed.
- Assists with the annual employee engagement process to include the following: creation of slide decks for executive leader dissemination, coordination, and facilitation of employee Focus Groups and/or interviews, serves as a subject matter expert (SME) for the employee engagement platform to guide managers as needed and serve as a point of contact.
- Work with Sr DHR to compile and review key HR metrics on a regular basis and summarize trends for management.
- Provide counsel and support on matters and issues relating to employee issues/questions and human resource functions. Coach other HR team members on enhancing their experience and effectiveness on these matters.
- Manage all internal investigations and employee relations matters, per applicable region. Advise managers on all performance improvement plans and corrective action.
- Act as an escalated resource on HR issues and assist on counseling employees and management on issues related to EEO, FMLA, ADA, performance, and termination guidelines.
- Support all lines of business by promoting, communicating and implementing human resources strategies and initiatives.
- Oversee programs administered by the HR department; partner with other Regionals and Directors of Recruiting on various corporate initiatives to ensure corporate programs are successfully implemented and administered.
- Oversight for Training and Development to include Leadership training and HR training. Review training programs, develop modules, and strategize for future training.
- Draft and publish corporate communication pieces as needed to support companywide employee initiatives and HR notifications.
- Update HR communication pieces throughout the year to stay relevant and current.
- Assist the greater HR/Payroll team with a companywide HR System implementation and serve as a subject matter expert on HR-related modules.
- Oversee the execution of the annual performance management program and continuous feedback module.
- Provide support for the preparation and execution of M&A activity as needed.
- Support Regional with compliance requirements as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 – 8 years’ related HR generalist experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with management coaching
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience, preferred
- Focus on employee relations and training a plus
- Experienced in managing special accommodation requests and leaves of absences.
- Must have multi-site, multi-state experience.
- Must be from a high growth organization(s)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- SHRM certified professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM senior certified professional (SHRM-SCP) credential, preferred.
- HR best practices.
- Proficient in HR functional areas, including employee relations, performance management, compliance, compensation & benefits, and training & development.
- Experience in organizational effectiveness, diversity & inclusion, and strategic planning preferred. HR Local, federal and state employment laws and regulations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment and work at a fast pace
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Problem resolution
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ethical Practice
- Project Management skills preferable
WHAT WE COMMIT TO YOU:
- A Competitive Base Salary based on experience
- Dedicated Training
- Ongoing management support
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) program
WHY WORLDWIDE EXPRESS?
- No. 1 largest privately held LTL broker in the country!
- The largest non-retail authorized UPS® partner
- More than 90,000 customers nationwide
- Ranked a Top 10 Freight Brokerage Firm by Transport Topics for the past 5 years
- Ranked a Top 50 Logistics firm globally by Transport Topics for the past 5 years
- Nationally ranked/known for culture, training and career growth
WHO WE ARE:
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be a small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customer's global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium-size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the need of any small- to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC, and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC,(collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Worldwide Express.