Director of Quality Assurance
Director of Quality Assurance
The Director of Quality Assurance leads all efforts associated with ensuring products are released to customers error-free and with expected or better performance. This includes the design, development and implementation of an automated testing framework that can be used for test driven development as well as continuous functional testing as part of agile scrum development. In addition, this position will ensure the appropriate test tools and practices are in place for functional, performance and destructive testing, as well as building in quality standards throughout the SDLC to avoid defects and minimize rework and waste. This position will lead a team of quality assurance engineers who will be embedded in scrum teams and/or experts focused on honing more advanced testing practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Design, develop and implement an automated testing framework for a new operations system.
- Develop and implement testing practices and tool as part of the framework which ensure releases are defect-free and perform at or better than expected levels
- Build a high-performing quality assurance team
- Learn the Worldwide Express business and ensure the Quality Assurance team understands business requirements at a detailed level
- Coach and train the quality assurance team as well as the scrum teams on effective testing practices, including test driven development
- Develop performance and destructive testing practices and methods to ensure software performs as expected in production and capacity needs are well understood
- Automate the regression testing and ensure quality practices are built into the SDLC and DevOps practices.
- Ensure that business requirements are fully met before each release; certify releases for quality and completeness of functionality
- Assist in reviewing, analyzing and documenting business and user requirements for technology product development.
- Closely collaborate with other technology and business users to ensure business and technical requirements are understood and met. (tk9nah)
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science, Engineering or related preferred
- 8+ years of Quality Assurance Leadership
- 2-3 years of experience being on development teams in different roles
- Demonstrate experience with setting up QA practice for new system build
- Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique characteristics of the Company.
- Detailed understanding of Quality Assurance tools, practices and success measures. Known to others for knowledge and leadership in this area.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Common business practices and software product design and development.
- Building collaborative relationships.
- Change management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Influencing, leading change that drives business performance.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem-solving.
- Assessment and decision-making skills.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Forward thinking.
- Technical Expertise.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC ,(collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Worldwide Express.